X2's VS Pentium D

O-P-M

Gawd
I was having a argument with this guy raving about how Intels are so much better then AMD's and that people only like AMD because they are told too and shit. This is what he said.

....you asshats only like it because you have been told to like it... you are marketing scheme asshats.... and to the tool that stated that the k7 is blah blah blah...
um... 64 is post k7... we would be in the k8 realm now.... KNOW YOUR FACTS ASSHAT
you know nothing but what you have bbeen force fed into believing..
intell smokes amd.. you smoke poles.. facts are facts...

amd just now made the 800+ bus rate, intell has been there for years... and if ghtz mean nothing in gaming.. i have a 400 mghz k6 that you can buy since it's an amd.. ill sell it to you for $80.. because it was suposed to be fast..
k7 was a mistake and a wasted chip, just as any fx chip is..
you give less than a square inch to apply a 7 square inch heatsink.... tell me how fricken stupid is that?
buy yourself one .. it's "cheaper"
clown!

and he follows up with this after a X2 discussion

ok lets see what cheap means

amd 939 = $322
Model Number 3800+
Frequency 2.0GHz
L1 Cache 64KB+64KB
L2 Cache 512KB + 512KB

intel 860 = $300
Intel® Xeon™ processor 2.4GHz with 512 KB L2 Cache.
Featuring the new Intel NetBurst microarchitecture.
Hyper-Threading Technology-Hardware support for multi-threaded applications on the new Intel® Xeon™ processor with 512 KB L2 Cache.
Supported by the Intel® 860 chipset.

sorry they dont list a 2.0 (because that is what the 3.8 really is) sso i whent with that one..

oc your amd as stable as possible.. tell me your specs and lets do a price comparison again from there.. chances are.. the price you paid for the amd will still be higher.. and your amd will bust first.

you can say what you want about how super invencable your overclocking is.. but i know better from plenty of experiance. don't b/s me into your mezmorized asshatted nes..

enjoy your deal buddy... you look smart.

Sorry if nobody cares but am I missing something. Or is this guy just a Intel !!!!!!. I was pretty sure that the X2's were always better. Maybe I should throw in the Opteron 165's?

Ya I did. All this came after I showed him that. He thinks the prices doesn't justify what you get. I think hes going to go with that if you OC then your chip is gonna die superfast which is true but thats usually because of turning up the volts.

The point about the bus is lol. Intel has always been behind AMD in busing. Only next year will Intel catch up to the f'ing ATHLON MP as far as point-to-point buses go on servers. Intel has nothing on HTT.

Oh, and read the CNet review for a comparison in performance between X2's and Pentium D's. As well as, well, any other review on the internet. Even die hard Intel fans (and Intel engineers) admit that the Pentium D is a joke and rush job when next to an X2.

IMHO, anyone that touts Intel as the "best" is a tool... a thousand bechmarks by hundreds of websites can't be wrong...

Haha, the marketing scheme first caught my eye. AMD doesn't have much in the way of "real" marketing. You don't see commercials for AMD's, in fact they don't do much in the way at all with advertising or marketing from them. Word of mouth and reviews took AMD where they are.

Then you have the "bus". AMD doesn't even have a conventional bus anymore with the introduction of the Athlon 64, they've advanced beyond Intel in that arena, by building the memory controller right into the CPU. And Intel's were not really 800 MHz bus anyway, it was a quad-pumped 200 MHz bus.

His rant about heatsinks is retarded to say the least, AMD and Intel chips are both about the same size, and similiar heatsink options. If you want to see a gigantic heatsink, have him look inside a P4 BTX case, I worked on a IBM the other day with a 3.0 GHz LGA P4, and the heatsink was a monster, quite literally about 4"x8" or so.

Then the AMD more expensive falls out the window when you compare motherboard prices for similiar featured boards, etc etc. And we all know AMD's overclock just fine, OC'ing will lower the lifespan of any CPU, regardless of brand when you start bumping up the voltage, and especially running them warmer. Inexperience and insanity kill CPU's quicker than anything :)

Your friend is obviously an Intel zealot, and thus remains ignorant to the facts, but thats OK. I choose parts based on their merits instead of brand name, I have Intel, AMD, Cyrix and other CPU's, all chosen for their intended purpose or bang for the buck at their time, and loved them all.

He is such an idiot.. His reply to all of this

isnt hyper transfer a reaction to hyper thread?
wasnt amd only 400 mghz fsb up till last year when intel was 800 mghz fsb since 99?

can't you buy add space on cnet? what is the cost of each add and it's size? is it possible that you could pay a nice plunk of pennies to cnet to get them to say they have sex with their own brother?

nice work asshat.

Just walk away from him. Seriously, he is beyond all hope. I hate it when those that are the most ignorant on a particular subject fashion themselves as demi-god experts.

Just walk away and let him ramble to himself.

I'm sorry but it just gets better and better.... His reply.

he larger sites get paid,, the rest are just memorized tools..

come on asshat , tell me you can't be that damn stupid.. you have to know at least
the slightest bit about advertisement and marketing
"latest trend, everyone has one,cheap, fun tasting" buzz words
since 1050.. and they still work and still get used.

O-P-M said:
I'm sorry but it just gets better and better.... His reply.

he larger sites get paid,, the rest are just memorized tools..

come on asshat , tell me you can't be that damn stupid.. you have to know at least
the slightest bit about advertisement and marketing
"latest trend, everyone has one,cheap, fun tasting" buzz words
since 1050.. and they still work and still get used.

AMD doesn't have enough money to pay cnet off rofl. Tell him to not get confused about bus speeds. Inte's "800" is 200 but quad pumped to feed the inneficient netburst processor the bandwidth it desperately needs. In fact, athlon xp was whipping p4 ass until the B series which tied it up, then the c series where intel took the crown. A64 emerged and has had the crown ever since.

amd just now made the 800+ bus rate, intell has been there for years... and if ghtz mean nothing in gaming.

As I said, he must be confused about busses. And GHz does mean something, however it's only part of the performance equation.If you live near him I would go to his house, knock on his door and when he opens it smack him in the fore head with a napkin that has shit on it.

Leave him to himself. If someone is unable to correctly specify whether the means MHz or GHz, but rather mushes them up at mghz, just walk away. Considering that you have tried to help him and he resisted, it is not your problem anymore. There is too much time wasted on clowns, such as him.

If he seriously thinks he has the better CPU, even with all the misinformation, then let him be. You just gotta walk away with the notion that he's wrong about everything and you're right on this matter. He's obviously one to do a lot of trolling on forums...

drizzt and Korruption are dead on.

Let him wallow in his ignorance and enjoy the feeling of superiority it gives you to be right.

O-P-M said:
He is such an idiot.. His reply to all of this

isnt hyper transfer a reaction to hyper thread?
wasnt amd only 400 mghz fsb up till last year when intel was 800 mghz fsb since 99?

can't you buy add space on cnet? what is the cost of each add and it's size? is it possible that you could pay a nice plunk of pennies to cnet to get them to say they have sex with their own brother?

nice work asshat.

No, HyperTransport is an entirely different technology than HyperThreading. They've got nothing to do with each other, and are both great technologies.

I think your mom bought some space on cnet, no clue how she paid for it but your example is probably close.

i thought the way he states things was pretty funny, so straight forward and cold LoL

but i think intel has its place in terms of performance, altho the their dual cores were rushed there single cores are a great alternative for multitasking

Back