X2GEN 22" Widescreen 249.99 AR

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11187193&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&s=1

$50 Standard Rebate Available:

Online price- $299.99
Less standard rebate -$50.00
YOUR COST - $249.99

This standard rebate offer is valid on qualified online purchases dated December 9, 2006 to December 11, 2006, with a limit of one (1) rebate per household/membership.

Display:

* 22" wide flat panel display
* Resolution: 1680 x 1050 WXGA+
* Contrast ratio: 1000:1
* Response Time: 5ms
* Brightness: 500nit (cd/m²)
* Viewing Angle: 160 (H) / 160(V)

Features:

* Panel & base detachable
* Wall Mountable (VESA 100mm)
* Built In Speakers

Input Connection:
* DVI
* 15 Pin D-Sub VGA Port

General:

* Power: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
* 60W Max power consumption
* Weight: 12.8 lbs.
* Dimensions: W 20.8" x H 16.5" x D 7"
* Warranty: 1 Year Limited

I was looking at this last week...wonder if this monitor is good or not.. anyone got this yet?

Looks like it's 300nits, not 500. All of the 22" monitors seem to be 300nits, they probably all use the same lcd/blu unit from chi mei.

16.7 Million colors, 160/160 degree viewing angles.. I'm thinking about getting one myself.... Hmmm. Have to decide tomorow...

k, i'm on the last checkout page!!!! i was gonna get the 22" Acer from microcenter for $330 + tax = $380ish.. but this one comes out to be $350 shipped - $50 Rebate = $300 shipped... i'm buying it! Will do a review when i get it... :cool:

eska said:
k, i'm on the last checkout page!!!! i was gonna get the 22" Acer from microcenter for $330 + tax = $380ish.. but this one comes out to be $350 shipped - $50 Rebate = $300 shipped... i'm buying it! Will do a review when i get it... :cool:
Sounds good.

Call me crazy but the adjustment button on the costco site are on the right side of the monitor as you face it while the adjustment buttons are on the left side on the manufacturer's site.

Different model perhaps?

well the viewing angle kinda gives away that it's a tn panel which means fast response times but less than perfect color reproduction...

mal

The Gonz said:
Call me crazy but the adjustment button on the costco site are on the right side of the monitor as you face it while the adjustment buttons are on the left side on the manufacturer's site.

Different model perhaps?

if you put the whole model number from the costco site

Model MW22U / 160780

you get nothing coming up in the search results

you put this in the search bar

MW22U

you get the model with the analog input

dont if it means anything or not

they seem like pretty new company... i just order mine yesterday, will report back when its here... :cool:

FVCK! FOR REBATE YOU NEED THE COSTCO MEMBERSHIP!
GAWD DAM! I DONT FREAKIN HAVE A MEMBERSHIP AND PURCHASED THE MONITOR.
:(

I ordered 1 on Sunday, so it's still "in process". If it doesn't have DVI like it says on the ad, I'll just take it back. The 22" Sceptre looks like a good, though slightly more costly, alternative.

chemguy said:
I ordered 1 on Sunday, so it's still "in process". If it doesn't have DVI like it says on the ad, I'll just take it back.

same here..

man, wtf. deal was alive 6 hours ago so I figured I could order it after I woke up. :(

mek_nginear said:
The manufacturer's website states that this monitor's input is VGA-only, no DVI connector.
http://x2gen.com/index.php?main_page=x2gen_product_info&products_id=86&tab=2
http://x2gen.com/pdf/MW22U.pdf
Costco is pulling a fast one, claiming it has a DVI input….. :mad:
FALSE ADVERTISING!

The monitor HAS a DVI-I connector, as noted in your second URL, above, but that doesn't mean it accepts a digital signal.

See my post in this forum...
"X2Gen 22" MW22U LCD widescreen"

djdorifto said:
I was looking at this last week...wonder if this monitor is good or not.. anyone got this yet?

See "X2Gen 22" MW22U LCD widescreen" - a 1/1 post that appears very near yours in the DISPLAY forum.

They've actually been in business since 2000. Mostly A-B grade panels keeping the costs down thus delivering cheap prices. Just don't expect the same quality control as say... Viewsonic.

I've got 2x 19" and a 27" LCD TV from them. No problems thus far - except the 27" LCD TV's a year old model that shows regular TV (cable, AV) with some bad ghosting. I use it as a computer monitor and it's fine.

According to the Costco flyer I just got, it looks like this monitor's price will drop to $249 without rebate on 1/8.

I just received mine from Costco.com, for $249 after $20 instant coupon, and $30 MIR good until 1-28-07

My thoughts:

VERY VERY cheaply built, but decent PQ.

Does have Sub-D and DVI, but no DVI cable.

Has a power brick instead of just plugging a standard power cord directly into the monitor (I HATE THIS)

Speakers crap, go figure. But seem a bit louder than most cheap monitor speakers.

Has a foam grommet between the LCD panel, and Bezel, that is visible and very uneven all the way around.

Stand is very wobbly, even on a flat, glass surface.

The little "X2gen" emblem is stuck on with weak double back tape (which was nice because mine was crooked, and easily straightened out.

Mine has a dead red sub pixel (always red), but it's near the top of the task bar.

THIS MONITOR IS GOING BACK TO COSTCO, all in all I'll pay a little more for another Viewsonic, like my other one.

YMMV good luck.

P. S. don't game, so have no input on that subject, sorry.

My other monitors are the first model of the Dell 24" and a Viewsonic 22" wide 5ms

Got mine and decided to keep the monitor.
I can see why you are not happy with built quality. It does feel rather cheap. And someone mentioned QA is not top notch with x2gen.
But the one I got seem to be ok, I had spare dvi cables and don't care about power cable as soon as picture is good
... and the picture is more than satisfying for my tasks (internet/email/office/some photo/video ... don't do games niether)
I guess I am lucky, so I am keeping this one.
Sorry about your experience.

Need to buy couple more monitors and unfortunatelly don't have them in local costco to compare,
how does picture on x2gen compares with viewsonic and dell?

I am very impressed with my 22" Viewsonic I bough from Costco.com for $299 (now $329), worth every penny. It beats my Dell hands down with an analog signal (the dell doesn't sync worth a crap on an analog signal, but usually syncs after cycling the power on the monitor) of course DVI is the ONLY way to go, so not too big an issue. It is very slightly better PQ than my Dell with DVI, but it's 22" and my Dell is 24" so I use my Dell primarily.

My Experience with the X2gen is not real bad, the PQ while far from my other monitors, is pretty good, I could live with the PQ, no problem. The other stuff is irritating but doesn't really matter functionally.

I am a big fan of quality, and don't mind paying a bit more for it. I have bought 2 19" Hanns-G monitors that are inexpensive, and with the 6 I've seen, (4 at work, for info stations) are very good quality. So it can be done, X2gen just isn't quite up to par, IMO.

Just returned mine today to my local Costco. No problem at all, got the entire amount back (including shipping), even though I already submitted the rebate, I wont cash it if I get it.

My X2gen started not syncing at the startup winXP Splash, but was fine at POST and at login screen (and after), which I took as a bad sign.

While I was at Costco I picked up my second Viewsonic VX2235wm 22" 5ms monitor, WELL worth the extra $80.

The Viewsonic VX2235wm is $329 but is very well built, has an incredible picture, and better (though not great) speakers.

I purchased one of these monitors and I am having trouble getting the DVI connection to work.

I bought this DVI cable (DVI-D)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phillips-24K-Go...ew-Sealed_W0QQitemZ290030328089QQcmdZViewItem

...at Wal-Mart for the monitor but for some reason the monitor doesn't want to work in DVI mode. When I turn the monitior on the system logo comes up (which is Gateway) and then the WIndows logo comes up with the little bars moving at the bottom but when it is ready to lauch the desktop the screen says "no signal."

During the periods of the Gateway logo and then the Windows logo with the bars I can press menu and the menu screen pops up. The menu screen says I am running Digital but then when it is time to load the desktop the monitor then says "no signal." After that the menu screen will not pop up (when pressed) and the monitor just won't work in DVI mode.

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? The monitor has a DVI-I female plug so any connector will work. My video card, a Powercolor X1950 PRO AGP, has Dual-DVI female connectors so any connector should work as well.

Does this monitor have DVI capability? Am I doing anything wrong? Any help is appreciated!

By the way, the monitor works fine in VGA mode. But I would rather use DVI.

Thanks!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
can anyone give a little more detail to why the ViewSonic VX2235wm has a better picture quality then the X2gen? Details on what you noticed?

I don't remember where I read it, but the reports are that the x2gen only does analog, even over the DVI. $50 more for the Sceptre...

So either buy a damn membership and cancel it after you get the rebate, or return the monitor.

Back