X25-M G2 Heat problems? Help?

crewzen

Gawd
I could use some insight from someone with X25-M G2 experience, with the heat problem I have. At what temps should I be concerned. I need to know how much air flow do the SSD’s need to have. Can they just exist without any fans blowing on them or with a strong air flow. Is this critical with these drives or just put them in and they work? Any advice on this subject is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Afaik they need no cooling unless the heat comes from other components.

Ofcourse the cooler the device, it will serve longer.

I was a little concrened about the temps, since I can not get my airconditioner installed until spring. That is the outside unit, then I can put the inside unit in the pc343 case which should keep things cool, ductless air contitioners are awesome. But for now the ssd's are in a fanless m14t case which should be enough air flow?

Please be aware that NAND flash data retention scales down as temperature increases, although unless the inside of your case gets as hot as a baking oven it really shouldn't matter all too much in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks I was worried a little but after taking the fan off the m14t the case the 3-12m fans seem to supply a sufficient supply of fresh air for the ssd's to survive till spring.

Thanks

Back