X25-M G2, Different models... Confusing.

thebeephaha

2[H]4U
Why are there two different model #'s for what look like the same product?

• SSDSA2MH080G201
  • SSDSA2MH080G2C1

I just got a pair of the SA2MH080G201's (7mm) but I didn't buy any 2.5" to 3.5" mounting adapters for my case. For now they're just gonna sort of hang out in there, but can anyone recommend any mounting brackets with really cheap shipping?

Thanks, I saw those before but the reviews about the screw problems made me look elsewhere. Meh, maybe I'll just let 'em dangle.

I just bought the G2C1 for $248 yesterday and they shipped it today.

This has probably been covered thousands of times, but is it okay to just put some velcro on it and velcro it into one of my 5.25" bays? Will I not have heat issues with it if there is no fan on it?

I just bought the G2C1 for $248 yesterday and they shipped it today.

This has probably been covered thousands of times, but is it okay to just put some velcro on it and velcro it into one of my 5.25" bays? Will I not have heat issues with it if there is no fan on it?

You just spend 250bux for a HDD. Why not get like an icy dock for it from newegg so you can mount it in your HDD rack?

^
Because my HDD rack is already full with other HDDs :D

Can't you get the 5.25in drive bays and mount it on there? I don't really know if these SSDs get hot at all, but taping one to your case can't possibly be a good solution.

They barely get warm. They're meant to sit inside laptops, after all. Velcro tape should be fine.

The one I got about a week ago was a G2GC.. But really those characters after the G1/G2 are irrelevant as they just are related to ordering information. Taken from the intel x-25m data document:

intelssd.jpg

The one I got about a week ago was a G2GC.. But really those characters after the G1/G2 are irrelevant as they just are related to ordering information. Taken from the intel x-25m data document:

intelssd.jpg

according to the chart the G201's do not have spacers where as the G2C1's do. I need to make sure the drive will fit in my laptop!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought I would just give a heads-up that shopblt.com has 158 of the 80GB G2R5 in stock now for $254.61 each. I've never used them before, but I just ordered my SSD from them a few days ago and things seem to be going well. The ETA for my order to get here is next monday and shipping is free.

I thought I would just give a heads-up that shopblt.com has 158 of the 80GB G2R5 in stock now for $254.61 each. I've never used them before, but I just ordered my SSD from them a few days ago and things seem to be going well. The ETA for my order to get here is next monday and shipping is free.

costcentral.com has them for 245 for the R5 and 239 for the C1.
provantage.com has them for 239 for the R5 but they might be sold out (I ordered from them and called and they said that the warehouse my order was sent to was out, but they moved the order to another warehouse that I was told had them in stock).

costcentral.com has them for 245 for the R5 and 239 for the C1.
provantage.com has them for 239 for the R5 but they might be sold out (I ordered from them and called and they said that the warehouse my order was sent to was out, but they moved the order to another warehouse that I was told had them in stock).

Tax is killing it for me. $25 tax + shipping!

Back