• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X2 4800+ vs. Model 180 Opteron

neubspeed

Gawd
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
518
Both dual cores @ 2.4ghz with 1MB cache and approximately the same price here in Canada. What's the difference, I'm leaning towards and Opteron because of the overall 1337ness of saying you have one lol. Will they have identical performance in games and applications (I don't care about benchies)?? I'm surprised nobody has considered the 180 yet. As far as I know it's socket 939 and has the same instruction sets.

Anyone care to shine a light on this issue, thank you!
 
No one has bothered looking at the 180 because of price. Most people want to save money, so buy the 165, and OC it to > 4800+ levels. $300 compared to $900 (USD approx); slightly better price IMO.
 
I'd go with an Opty 165. It's a lot cheaper and most people have been able to OC it to 2.4GHz on stock voltage. :)
 
another vote for the 165. you'd be silly to spend more than $150 per core on a cpu these days ;)
 
Back
Top