the_DesertRat
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 25, 2005
- Messages
- 17
Hiya!,
I am currently working the bugs out of a new system build and was hoping for some input and ideas for overclocking....
Any responses would greatly be appreciated!
Specs are as follows:
Thermaltake Armor Case
ASUS A8N-Premium SLI NF4 mobo (1008-003)
AMD Athlon X2 4800+
XP-90 w/Panaflo
2 GB OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K Platnium 3200 DDR
2 Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 SATA II 250 GB -- Raid 0
2 EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GTX KO
2 NEC 3540A DVD-RW
Sony Floppy
Enermax Noisetaker 600W PSU
Windows XP Pro SP 2
For the XP SP2 build all drivers/bios are latest version with some exceptions in the build which included NOT installing Cool'n'quiet, the AMD chip drivers, the Nvidia Firewall, or the Nvidia IDE drivers -- as I understand there are issues with all of the above.
From my understanding there are also issues with certain apps/games with the X2 4800+ and the work around is typically setting processor affinity.
My issues with this system included random BSOD during Windows installation, random reboots and eventual Windows corruption. I am currently working on getting my RAM replaced as well as the PSU, which I sincerely hope fixes the instability issues.
Now, does anyone have any other info I should be aware of?
Does anyone have a suggested OC schema for me?
(Recommended bios settings for the processor would be great!)
From my understanding that particular memory won't do anything past 210 so I need to find a balance between pushing the processor but keeping my memory close to stock.
Any input is again, greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
DesertRat
I am currently working the bugs out of a new system build and was hoping for some input and ideas for overclocking....
Any responses would greatly be appreciated!
Specs are as follows:
Thermaltake Armor Case
ASUS A8N-Premium SLI NF4 mobo (1008-003)
AMD Athlon X2 4800+
XP-90 w/Panaflo
2 GB OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K Platnium 3200 DDR
2 Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 SATA II 250 GB -- Raid 0
2 EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GTX KO
2 NEC 3540A DVD-RW
Sony Floppy
Enermax Noisetaker 600W PSU
Windows XP Pro SP 2
For the XP SP2 build all drivers/bios are latest version with some exceptions in the build which included NOT installing Cool'n'quiet, the AMD chip drivers, the Nvidia Firewall, or the Nvidia IDE drivers -- as I understand there are issues with all of the above.
From my understanding there are also issues with certain apps/games with the X2 4800+ and the work around is typically setting processor affinity.
My issues with this system included random BSOD during Windows installation, random reboots and eventual Windows corruption. I am currently working on getting my RAM replaced as well as the PSU, which I sincerely hope fixes the instability issues.
Now, does anyone have any other info I should be aware of?
Does anyone have a suggested OC schema for me?
(Recommended bios settings for the processor would be great!)
From my understanding that particular memory won't do anything past 210 so I need to find a balance between pushing the processor but keeping my memory close to stock.
Any input is again, greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
DesertRat