X2 4400+ 1.248V????

So I finally get my x2 today, and when looking at it in cpuz it shows me that my voltage is 1.248v. is this normal? did i get a good chip?

at .05v undervolt seems a little heavy, though it could just be the reading, and not the actual voltage. An easy way to check would be to change to vcore manually to 1.3v and then see what it is reporting in the same program you used for the first reading. It should be the same, unless you have a .025 undervolt, and a default voltage of 1.275 (fat chance).

ok, when in the bios i set my vcore to 1.325, speedfan and cpuz say its at 1.26, nvmonitor says cpu: 1.450V and core: 1.53V

which one is right here???

figured it out, speedfan and cpuz were reading the wrong vcore value. when i changed vcore=0 to vcore=3 in the cpuz.ini file it output a correct value of 1.300V. i double checked this by installing the smart-speed program which also showed a voltage of 1.300V

th3 godfather said:
figured it out, speedfan and cpuz were reading the wrong vcore value. when i changed vcore=0 to vcore=3 in the cpuz.ini file it output a correct value of 1.300V. i double checked this by installing the smart-speed program which also showed a voltage of 1.300V

I use SmartGuardian for voltages and temps because the version on the DFI CD was made for the DFI NF4 boards.

But it's good to use the OEM software as a check VS MBM or Speedfan. Set Speedfan up to agree with the OEM software and then uninstall that fugly shit.

ok, but heres another question for you. when in the bios i set the vcore to 1.35 mbm says 1.3. is there a .5 undervolt that happens with all x2's? i thought that these things were supposed to be 1.3-1.4 volts.

th3 godfather said:
ok, but heres another question for you. when in the bios i set the vcore to 1.35 mbm says 1.3. is there a .5 undervolt that happens with all x2's? i thought that these things were supposed to be 1.3-1.4 volts.
unless your ocing leave it default...whenever your board gets under a little load it will still supply the needed juice to the cpu

i plan on ocing down the road (come this winter when it gets a bit cooler in the northeast) i'm just confused as to why there is such a large difference in vcore from what i selected in teh bios :confused:

th3 godfather said:
i plan on ocing down the road (come this winter when it gets a bit cooler in the northeast) i'm just confused as to why there is such a large difference in vcore from what i selected in teh bios :confused:
dont worry about it honestly...when you start to oc youll have to experiment with different settings anyway

th3 godfather said:
its also fucking ulgy as all hell. thanks for the suggestion.

What does ugly have to do with a software monitor for checking your temps and voltages? lol

SmartGuardian is what the majority of DFI NF4 users use and your the first one i've seen mention it being ugly.

burningrave101 said:
What does ugly have to do with a software monitor for checking your temps and voltages? lol

SmartGuardian is what the majority of DFI NF4 users use and your the first one i've seen mention it being ugly.
actually now that i think about it...it is pretty ugly...i like MSI core center's gui, its so prettiful :D

my bad, the program that came with my cd is called smart-speed. i have no idea where to get smart guardian. if anyone knows please let me know.

Without CnQ enabled, I was at 1.26v in CPU-Z on my Shuttle SN25P with 4400+. With CnQ, I've seen it hit 1.05v... I could not be happier with the X2.

Back