X2 3800+ temps

ClearH2O

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
242
I just set up my new X2 rig last night and the only problem I have had with it is that the CPU temp is reported at 27C. Although the previous system (same case fan and HSF setup) P-4 3.2GHz@3.6GHz idled at 36C, I just don't think my board is reporting the right temp.

Set-up:
MSI N8N Neo2-F
X2 3800+ w/ XP-90 (high flow panflow)
Crucial Ballistix 512MB X 2, DDR400 (2-2-2-6 1T)
Leadtek 6800GT AGP

I'm running XP PRO SP2 (32-bit)

This is my first AMD system since the early 90's, or whenever 486 CPUs were the bees knees.
 
sounds right, mine idles at about 29C with an XP90 welcome to the world were computers dont have to be furnaces (aka AMD land)
 
That doesn't sound too far off. My Venice 3200+ running at 2500MHz is sitting around 29C at idle. (Using a Zalman cooler (120mm fan copper thing, (I think it's in my sig.))
 
Back
Top