X2 3800+ @ 2.8GHz @ 1.344v

How much difference do the 4 letters at the end make? Would the following OC like this one?

LCBIE 0618RPMW

Asian Dub Foundation said:
you can prolly push it more
Well with the side of the case on it fails prime, probably cause of heat? I may have to tone it down to 2.75Ghz or up the voltage.

Can crappy ram or ram running too fast cause it to fail prime? I'm going to lower my ram speed to see if it will sit nicely at 2.8.

All I have is the thermaltake big typhoon for cooling..

thats awsome... my manchester hits 2.6 @ 1.45vcore I am so jellous

anyone know are toledos better ocers in gerneral than manchesters???

I have it priming now with the case closed at 2809MHz @ 1.36v. So far my load temp is 54c.

Damn thats sweet. Highest I've got my toledo is 2.5 with 1.4 volts. I could probably go higher but haven't bothered.

I wouldn't run mine any higher than 50c but thats just me.

Those chips are rated to run at 90c... I wouldnt run it that hifh, but 50c is just fine. You can prolly take it higher then that and be safe. I used to have a Barton core running at 75c and it was solid for over 4 years.

Anything higher than 50c is fine... But is bad for overclocks. These things like to be on ice for really high clocks, keeps their efficiency in check. My older Asrock board clocked this chip really high, almost 2.9ghz. I was prime stable till I closed my window, temps jumped to 54c and core1 failed.

I'm very jealous of you, the farthest I can push my system in the dead of winter is 2.77ghz. If I leave my window open my load temps are generally around 22'c. I run it at 1.8ghz (6x 330FSB) during the summer for good cooling and memory bandwidth... Right now I'm 3'c over ambient ;).

Arcygenical said:
Anything higher than 50c is fine... But is bad for overclocks. These things like to be on ice for really high clocks, keeps their efficiency in check. My older Asrock board clocked this chip really high, almost 2.9ghz. I was prime stable till I closed my window, temps jumped to 54c and core1 failed.

I'm very jealous of you, the farthest I can push my system in the dead of winter is 2.77ghz. If I leave my window open my load temps are generally around 22'c. I run it at 1.8ghz (6x 330FSB) during the summer for good cooling and memory bandwidth... Right now I'm 3'c over ambient ;).
you underclock??????????
:confused:

OP: please resize that pic. While I am impressed (and somewhat jealous) with your OC, it'd be nice if there was no side-scrolling :)

Pfsh, read it and weep. :cool:

165_prime_stopped.png

:D W00T, I've just got a LCBIE 0618RPMW off eBay for £100 with p&p, so I'm hoping it will clock like this.

IMO, any large overclock off stock volts should be teamed with RMClock - 1.1v and 275x6 when cpu is idle, but the full 275x10 and 1.35v when using something cpu intensive. (figures are used as example)

Perfect :)

you use a program that changes your vcore based on load?

where did you buy your toledo X2 3800+ 939?? I can't find one, manchesters all around :(

Adidas4275 said:
you use a program that changes your vcore based on load?

where did you buy your toledo X2 3800+ 939?? I can't find one, manchesters all around :(

http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml - you can set the vcores you want (1.1v-1.4v) at what frequencies you want.

I got that x2 3800+ off an eBay auction. I was planning on finding a Manchester LBDHE 0601, but saw that Toledo with that stepping and went for that. I hadn't seen any Toledos in shops or anywhere else though. .

It's too bad you couldn't adjust V-core individually per core. I have one core that OC's pretty good (the hotter core ironically), and the other one needs more voltage to do so.

MassiveOverkill said:
It's too bad you couldn't adjust V-core individually per core. I have one core that OC's pretty good (the hotter core ironically), and the other one needs more voltage to do so.

yer that would be cool. . .

I've just recieved my first ever dual core in the form of a LCBIE 0618VPMW x2 3800+ Toledo, so I can't wait to see how well it OCes :D

nice oc dude, so envy. my chip has been gay to me. i cant oc my x2 3800 lolz. its manchester core btw. i wonder if i have a bad chip or not. i got when i just released a while ago. this is the code for it: CDBHE 0538RPMW. i have seen alot of good oc on that chip and they're almost r 0601 or 0618 like urs. but havent seen any of mine around? can anyone comfirm me that this is a bad chip.
cheers

Received from Newegg yesterday.

This was with the voltages set to auto in the BIOS. My 620VPMW is Manchester, this 618EPMW is Toledo.

IMG_3537.jpg

Sweet....the X2 3800 that I just bought from newegg is the same stepping as your Toledo. I'll have to see how much of an OC this thing has in it.... By the way what settings did you use to get the best/most stable overclock?

RBremen

What temps are you getting in dual prime with this cpu, shoman or Dnottis?

I'm getting up to 58C with dual prime, so am probably gonna try reseating my Scythe NInja.

TicTac said:

I'm getting up to 58C with dual prime, so am probably gonna try reseating my Scythe NInja.

I'm getting 52 under load dual prime at 2.5 with 1.4 volts. I'm using some ghetto antec heatpipe with two fans on it though. Anything above 50 seems to high to me so I've bumped it back down to 2.4 at 1.4 volts for now.

I was looking at a Ninja to but if you're getting those kind of temps I'm leaning toward a Zalman more.

Btw a little off topic but what kind of strain does the Ninja put on the mobo being it's so heavy and tall?

I'd also like to see some CPU-Z shots with a dual prime shot to go along with all these overclocks. I've got one of these Toldeo cores and anything above 2.4 at stock volts and it isn't 12 hour prime stable.I can boot into windows and surf around at 2.7 but it isn't stable.

TicTac said:

Im on water with the IHS on still, getting load of about 44 at 2930 mhz, 1.39v now.

I'm inching my way up priming for 8 - 10 hours. At 2.85 and stock volts, my load was 37.

damn man, thats one hell of a chip..

my 3800x2 needs like 1.41vcore to hit 2.5 :( i envy you

go for the gold! hit 3.0!

azn_bboy07 said:
nice oc dude, so envy. my chip has been gay to me. i cant oc my x2 3800 lolz. its manchester core btw. i wonder if i have a bad chip or not. i got when i just released a while ago. this is the code for it: CDBHE 0538RPMW. i have seen alot of good oc on that chip and they're almost r 0601 or 0618 like urs. but havent seen any of mine around? can anyone comfirm me that this is a bad chip.
cheers

Just because you can't OC well, doesn't mean you have a bad chip.

khanable said:
damn man, thats one hell of a chip..

my 3800x2 needs like 1.41vcore to hit 2.5 :( i envy you

go for the gold! hit 3.0!

I can - problem is I need like 1.52v to prime for about an hour (havent gone longer) and it gets HOT! Once I find where I will keep it - nice blend of speed / voltage / and heat I will play with 3.0 :)

MassiveOverkill said:
Dnottis, could you run this: http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137 and let us know what each individual core temp is idle/load? Thanks.

Check the screenshot - thats why I fired up Everest. It shows the same temps as that program but I like the Everest screen much more. It shows the CPU sensor and the core 0 and core1 temps in my last screenshot - while it was priming :)

Back