X1K overclock tool available.

hmm, there is no readme and the exe doesnt do anything when clicked. could be cause im runnin a 7800 right now. or is it a hack like coolbits? someone with an x1800 let us know.

LawGiver said:
hmm, there is no readme and the exe doesnt do anything when clicked. could be cause im runnin a 7800 right now. or is it a hack like coolbits? someone with an x1800 let us know.

I cant quite get it to work. When setting the voltage on the gpu core, ati tool reports about .05volts less. When entering the same overclock CCC wil allow, 575 core and 550 mem, 3dmark05 will crash. I tried just the core and not touching the memory, but it still crashes. I am wondering if that tool was meant to be used with the review samples and not the retail.
Waiting for more people to post their findings.

I have been testing it, seems to work with a sapphire x1800 xl retail. Only can increase frecuency in 10 mhz steps, but it works. I got 600/590 MHz, that's 8300 in 3dmark05. Memory should get higher (samsung 1,4ns), but in my initial tests artefacting appears when I touched 650 Mhz. Don't know if voltage settings are really applied. 3D Mode doesn't work, all I said was in 2D mode, but it works with 3d apps.

I would like to know other experiences from x1800 xl users.

gpumania said:
I have been testing it, seems to work with a sapphire x1800 xl retail. Only can increase frecuency in 10 mhz steps, but it works. I got 600/590 MHz, that's 8300 in 3dmark05. Memory should get higher (samsung 1,4ns), but in my initial tests artefacting appears when I touched 650 Mhz. Don't know if voltage settings are really applied. 3D Mode doesn't work, all I said was in 2D mode, but it works with 3d apps.

I would like to know other experiences from x1800 xl users.

What happens if you go greater than 10MHz steps? Maybe thats why I had trouble, I just put it to the settings I was able to hit in CCC(575 core and 550 mem)and it didnt work.

If you try to set speed directly (and it's more than little steps I mentioned) it won't work. So I started with OC that overdrive letme (575/550), and then increase speeds in little steps with this app.

gpumania said:
If you try to set speed directly (and it's more than little steps I mentioned) it won't work. So I started with OC that overdrive letme (575/550), and then increase speeds in little steps with this app.

Cool, thanks I will try that when I get home.

So you can overclock the x1800xl past 575core/675?memory now with this new tool?
RICK I want to know what yor card can do with watercooling :p

ok Right now i am (not done yet)at 648 core and 621 mem and get 8670 in 05. The mem seems to be a bit flakey at 650 (artifacts) but I am gonna keep trying for more

moon02 said:
is that on air nunyabiz?

stock cooling, fan set to 100% (not loud to me) and after running 3dmark it was at 65c. I will be putting the zalman back on again later.

wow, is 648 mhz on the core stable? Wonder why they didnt release the x1800xt right away. I mean thats with a single cooler so the x1800xt dual slot coolers shouldn't have a problem. Thinking about it, shortage of the x1800xt memory is probably the reason for the month delay. 1500mhz memory cant be easy to make.

RICKCAIN you going to try this overclocking tool with your watercooling setup?

ClearM4 said:
wow, is 648 mhz on the core stable? Wonder why they didnt release the x1800xt right away. I mean thats with a single cooler so the x1800xt dual slot coolers shouldn't have a problem. Thinking about it, shortage of the x1800xt memory is probably the reason for the month delay.

RICKCAIN you going to try this overclocking tool with your watercooling setup?

Yes its stable. I had to set the voltage to 1.2v in ATI tools. The overclocking tool reports 1.25v so I am not sure which one is correct.

nunyabiz you know what voltage the x1800xt runs at stock? (guess I should try and look this up myself :))

ClearM4 said:
nunyabiz you know what voltage the x1800xt runs at stock? (guess I should try and look this up myself :))

I think its 1.3v. But thats on a review sample, so the shipping version might be different.

Ok I think I am at the max I can do on stock cooling. Need to put a zalman or other cooler and try to go higher.
results:

654.75 [email protected]
621 [email protected]
75c
8743 in 05

I think the temp might be holding back the memory clock, I think no heatsink is better for the ram, but that will have to wait another day for the zalman. I could probably go higher but the temps are starting to scare me(no artifacts yet).

nunyabiz said:
Yes its stable. I had to set the voltage to 1.2v in ATI tools. The overclocking tool reports 1.25v so I am not sure which one is correct.

which version ATI tool are ya using? I thought ATI tool that supported X1800 wasnt released yet?

LawGiver said:
which version ATI tool are ya using? I thought ATI tool that supported X1800 wasnt released yet?

The ATI tools version I have supports the voltage control. The other too is an overclock tool that someone else made.
I got it HERE

nunyabiz said:
The ATI tools version I have supports the voltage control. The other too is an overclock tool that someone else made.
I got it HERE

i know about the other one already. what version ATI Tool u use? i want.

LawGiver said:
i know about the other one already. what version ATI Tool u use? i want.

I have the beta 9 version, but It does not support overclocking, so I would just use the tool from driverheaven.

Back