X1950XTX error LEDs?

Nihilanth99

2[H]4U
Just finished assembly of a new system and it's failing to POST. I've noticed that the video card (BBA X1950XTX) has a couple LEDs right next to the PCIe power plug and one of them begins blinking upon powering the system on. It doesn't cease. Anyone know what this means? I highly doubt the card isn't receiving enough power; it's hooked up to a PCP&C 510 SLI. Being the only PCIe card I own, I'm lost for swapping another card in :(

Help!

For reference, here is a shot from the [H] review with the LED in question highlighted:

blinkingledvh4.png

It blinks in groups of two pulses.

I am going to guess, maybe lack of sufficient power? or possibly some debris is crossing some of the pins on the pci-e slot? try pulling the card, blowing the slot out, and re-seating.. Anyways, you might want to contact ATi support and ask them to be sure..

I had this problem when I built a new system. The LEDs on the back of the GFX card aren't much help really, as I put an old PCI GFX card in and the computer was POSTing.

It was suggested by the people who I brought my X1950XTX off that the power supply I has wasn't up to it (an OCZ 700w GameXStream) but I know this to be false. Finally I got the GFX card RMAed and the new one works fine. Funny thing is that the card's LEDs react in the same way that the bad one did! :confused:

What motherboard are you using? Can you try another slot in it? Also are you using a 'Digital to Analogue' adapter for the monitor cable (I found that the ones that come with the card to be a bit naff)?

Whew, I lucked out and got the system to POST by playing with the memory configurations. This board (Abit KN9 Ultra) apparently just hates having a stick of my particular memory in DIMM1. Anyway, from this, I'm guessing the blinking LED signified that the card was receiving power, but not receiving a signal. I see it blink when the computer is freshly powered on, but only a couple times.

Thanks guys... close one! Thought I had a dead video card or motherboard there for a second ;)

I seem to recall mine lighting up red when I turned on the system for the first time and forgote to connect the power cable to the card.

There were two LEDs on my x1900xtx which were labelled T_FAULT and EXT_PWR. From a little research I did (my EXT_PWR was constantly lit) it appears that T_FAULT could indicate overheating while EXT_PWR could indicate insufficient power. However, my card just broke and EXT_PWR was constantly lit. It's in RMA currently.

drizzt81 said:
There were two LEDs on my x1900xtx which were labelled T_FAULT and EXT_PWR. From a little research I did (my EXT_PWR was constantly lit) it appears that T_FAULT could indicate overheating while EXT_PWR could indicate insufficient power. However, my card just broke and EXT_PWR was constantly lit. It's in RMA currently.

All I saw was a red light coming from the card when I powered the system up without the 6 pin molex cable plugged into the card. I haven't seen the other light come on and hope I never do.

im having that problem now but the power cable in mine is plugged in. I have no idea on whats wrong, i start up the PC and i get a message saying the vga card doesnt have the cable plugged in.
Any thoughts?

Kherozene said:
im having that problem now but the power cable in mine is plugged in. I have no idea on whats wrong, i start up the PC and i get a message saying the vga card doesnt have the cable plugged in.
Any thoughts?

My master card has a yellow led that is always on. The only time that I have ever seen another light was during a hard lock and it was red.

Dan_D said:
All I saw was a red light coming from the card when I powered the system up without the 6 pin molex cable plugged into the card. I haven't seen the other light come on and hope I never do.
I saw this with my card when my friend plugged in his Raptor with my 480w PSU and an x1950XTX >.< It means yes that the card isn't getting any power or enough power to run.

My room mate is currently having the same problem. He got a new case and transferred everything over but the computer won't POST and those two lights are on.

Is the 6-pin plug in? PSU giving enough power (both wattage and amperage)? There's many things it can be. Try a different PSU and if not, RMA the card.

Back