X1950 XTX drivers ???

killer_dk

Weaksauce
I just bought a Connect3D X1950 XTX, and i installede the modified 6.9 Catalyst, but i can see in ATi tray tool that my current GPU clock is 506 Mhz and Ram 594 Mhz , wtf ?
i know the officale X1950 XTX specs. is 650 Mhz GPU clock / 1000 Mhz RAM
I know the officale catalyst 6.10 driver ,is out soon, but as i write this , Dark Messiah is being
released in Europe, and i want my X1950 XTX to perform as good as possible.
I have tried the catalyst 6.10 RC1 (beta) driver, they have the same problem.
Any suggestion ?

that's 2D Clock speeds dude, when you open a game and such it will clock itself up to full speed..

nope...i have tryed , ati tray tool ...OSD display , it can show you GPU & RAM clock , in game , and it only shows : GPU clock is 506 Mhz and Ram 594 Mhz , when playing Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 ...

Edit : do you know another tool wich can display GPU & RAM clock in game ?

Hey, at least your driver CD worked the one that came with mine was nothing but a coaster. Mine is running at the same speeds right now but its gotto ramp up durring game play.there is no way i would be getting 11190 3d marks (05) at those speeds. I am using the 6.10 beta. Your just fine the card rocks and you will love it.

killer_dk said:
nope...i have tryed , ati tray tool ...OSD display , it can show you GPU & RAM clock , in game , and it only shows : GPU clock is 506 Mhz and Ram 594 Mhz , when playing Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 ...

Edit : do you know another tool wich can display GPU & RAM clock in game ?

riva tuner FTW

Just put my 1950xtx in yesterday. i had actually downloaded the 6.9's and they didn't work. So i'm just using the ones that came on the cd for now, until the 6.10's come out officially. Mine is definetly switching clock speeds though, I hit 6790 in 3DMark '06. Can't wait to get my 1900xtx back from newegg RMA and do crossfire.

I had the same problem. ATi Tray Tools will not automatically overclock the card unless the ATi hotkey poller (those 3 x CLI.EXE you see in Services) are running, then it works. The only other way to do it is to make an overclock profile, which includes making the necessary voltage change within that o/c profile. However, I also found a problem with this in that I don't think Tray Tools fully supports the 1950XTX just yet. Over at the Guru3D forums (official support for Tray Tools) I saw screen shots that people had posted. In the overclock section the screenshots of people with 1800 and 1900 series cards had a voltage tab. With my 1950 I do not have it.

I wasn't happy about having to install CCC and Tray Tools to get what I used to be able to get out of just Tray Tools, but until this is fixed with later revisions of Tray Tools, I haven't found any other choice. I just leave the CCC there for the CLI.EXE services, and make all other normal adjustments through Tray Tools.

Thanks a lot "Un4given" ! i installed The catalyst 6.10 Rc1 with CCC , and did't not install Ati tray Tool. Now i works perfectly :) we will just have to wait proper support for X1950 XTX in ATI tray Tool :(

Back