jblue42

Limp Gawd
I just got the card, and I have never overclocked. In ATI overdrive it says

Requested:648MHz
Current VPU Clock: 500MHz

Requested: 774MHz
Current Memory Clock: 594MHz

WHAT the hell, core is supposed to be 650 and memory like 1500

It's 2d clocks... they decrease in 2d to keep the card cool, they should increase in 3d.

Those clocks are right.

You're in windows so the card uses 2d clocks. the requested clocks are the ones you're "used" to-3d. And btw, 775x2=1550.

ok, my old card the x850xt showed the "3D" clocks in the CCC while in windows, so I was just confused. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Can someone (with stickying powers) just make a thread about this and sticky it please... It is a frequently asked question.

how do we know it kicks in to those other speeds while in games/3dmark?

There are some apps which log or show graphs of your card's speed (like RivaTuner), you just let it run in the background whilst you launch your game/app, then exit the game you see the logs. (you can't just alt-tab and check your CP cause it switches so fast).

If you disable the ati2evxx process or the ati services the switches will no longer take place. (this is what some overclockers do, so that the card runs at its 3d speeds non-stop).

Ahh.... I too vote for a STICKY!

I came here to ask the same question. I was wondering why I was running such 'low' clocks. I also had wondered why in ATI Tray Tools, I could graph my GPU and Memory clock speeds. I just now selected to graph them so I can actually see the speeds change (when in BF2, I wonder if changes when you switch to look at the map screen, etc...).

Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate it. I just came from the ATI website after seeing that they listed the clocks for my X1900 XTX as being higher then what ATI Tray Tools shows them to be.

Got a HIS X1900XT the other week & must admit was a bit confused at 1st. Must admit to preferring ATITool I'm running 0.25 Beta 16 this reads the temps for x1900xt which earlier versions don't. The Log is very useful

Drexion said:
There are some apps which log or show graphs of your card's speed (like RivaTuner), you just let it run in the background whilst you launch your game/app, then exit the game you see the logs. (you can't just alt-tab and check your CP cause it switches so fast).

If you disable the ati2evxx process or the ati services the switches will no longer take place. (this is what some overclockers do, so that the card runs at its 3d speeds non-stop).

*warning*
Doing this on X1*00 cards requires you to modify the vGPU voltage to match that of the 3D voltage. Make sure your program can set the voltages correctly without bugs, or else......

Actually riva tuner shows you everything you might want to know about your card during any 3D App using built-in OSD capabilities. You have to run riva tuner, launch hardware monitoring and click setup to choose what you want to monitor, click the red dot on lower left corner and right click the graphs displayed (the one you want monitored) -> click setup on menu that pops up -> select "show blahblahblah on osd menu" -> "run server" and you can monitor your temp, clocks, voltages, videomemory usage etc... within the game.

I really don't like the 2D clocks idea very much, I just wish ATI provided it as an option and not force us, I am quite sure there can be found a way to trick the drivers though, just haven't came accross one. I use some 3D apps and frankly I don't really care for lower clocks on windowed apps because they still require 3D power to the max.

I've been running 6.3 Cats for the past few months becuase I had problems OCing using ATITool with later versions. I like to use ATITool's profile for overclocking, and prefer to use ATT to manually speed up / slow down my clocks. Can this be done with later versions of the Cats?

Yeah.... I installed the OMEGA drivers last night, ran 3dmark06, started artifacting in the dragon valley test. Score was down about 500 points.

Checked back using rivatuner, 3dclocks were the same as 2d clocks using 1.2volts...

Uninstalled, reinstalled Ati's drivers with the Crappy Control Center.

Ran 3dmark again and everything was fine :)

Soooo if anyone's X1900XT or w/e artifacts in 3dmark06 in the dragon valley test, and your score is low, yeah....

Back