X1900XTX Question.......

Buztafen

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Just installed ma shiny new X1900XTX and a new Mobo (see sig) and performed a full clean install of XP (formatted HD, new partition etc). Ive installed the latest catalyst drivers 6.8 but i seem to be getting below average performance outta the card.

Getting a few FPS extra in most games (Oblivion, FEAR, Doom 3 etc) but not what i was expecting.

Also i ran 3Dmark05 to compare against my old card / mobo combination ( X850XT PE on an ASUS 915P chipset mobo). On the old combo i was getting an above average 7,000 easily with a slight overclock. With the new combo im only getting around 8,300 ( a 1,300 point increase). Looking in the 3Dmark05 thread even the lowest X1900XTX scores are above 10,000.

Am i missing something here? Theres no spyware on the system and it doesnt need defraging. Is there a bottleneck somewhere or is my card just fried?

Cheers for any help....

Your CPU is why your score is so low. I had the same issue with my card when I was running my p4. It took a 920 overclocked to 3.8 to break 10k. Hell I have two 1900s in crossfire and my score in 3dmark05 avgs 11,200 in 3dmark 06 it avgs 8800.

Cheers Kuma, was wondering if it might be that...was hoping it could handle it seen as it ran so well with the X850XTPE i had. Gonna see what a bit of overclocking brings out!!! :p

I might be a little worried about that 420 watt PSU you have there if you are going to get into over clocking.

I am hoping an overclocked conroe does wonders for my scores up :D wish ya luck.

Back