x1900xtx on XS!

Also has 1.1ns ram and he's testing with a 2.7GHz single core cpu. A dual core fx should put him close to the 13k range at stock speeds. :D :eek: ;)

1.1ns ram? then the gtx512 limited availability beind caused by the memory was BS :rolleyes: and why clock the card at 1.5 ghz with 1.1 ns ? :confused:

im thinking the memory avaliby wasnt true but they were using it for the 7900 gtx/ ultra whatever and stockpiled it.

I'm kind of wondering about the clocks on the XTX. $100 more for a 25 core/50 mem clock advantage seems like quite a bit. It almost makes you wonder if they stuck really fast ram on there and clocked the cards extremely conservatively. In which case the XTXs would likely be extremely good at overclocking since they've got higher spec'd ram to start with. And seeing how a lot of overclockers aren't going to keep the stock heatsinks on those things very long and go to water or a better cooling solution having the better parts on there could be quite nice. That extra $100 could be buying you a huge oc'ing potential.

Anarchist4000 said:
I'm kind of wondering about the clocks on the XTX. $100 more for a 25 core/50 mem clock advantage seems like quite a bit. It almost makes you wonder if they stuck really fast ram on there and clocked the cards extremely conservatively. In which case the XTXs would likely be extremely good at overclocking since they've got higher spec'd ram to start with. And seeing how a lot of overclockers aren't going to keep the stock heatsinks on those things very long and go to water or a better cooling solution having the better parts on there could be quite nice. That extra $100 could be buying you a huge oc'ing potential.

We've seen 1.1ns ram on some XTXs. The question is if that is just a vendor option or model specific.

ManicOne said:
We've seen 1.1ns ram on some XTXs. The question is if that is just a vendor option or model specific.
My X1900XTX from Allstarshop has 1.1ns ram on it :)

habitual geek said:
"The requested URL /forums/showthread.php was not found on this server."
They have seemed to be down for the past few hours.

Frostwake said:
1.1ns ram? then the gtx512 limited availability beind caused by the memory was BS :rolleyes: and why clock the card at 1.5 ghz with 1.1 ns ? :confused:

NVIDIA never said that, that was the Inquirer, so dont get on their ass

Back