x1900xtx - Accelero Questions

waterboy787

Limp Gawd
All,

So I recently switched out my VF900 for an Accelero X2. The Zalman was producing 100C temps after 30 minutes of counterstrike!

I tried out the Accelero and now I'm getting 90C...slightly better I suppose.

Now I have two quick questions:
1. I put the double-sided stickies included with the x2 for my ramsinks. Is this wise or should have I left them off?
2. Would my temps be better if I added a blower right underneath the accelero? My ultra-d chipset is getting a lot hotter now.

Yeah. The chipset on the ultra-d is a problem for me too. I'd recommend replacing the chipset fan with a heatpipe and have a fan blowing on it.

For the video card though, did you put AS5 on it? And is it just me or do those temps seem a weeeeee bit high? What temps were you getting originally?

Use ATITool and manually set your fan speed to 100% on the Accelero, it should help.

those temps are high! I use the X2 with my 1900XT and it never goes over 74C. I used AC5 on everything including the ramsinks.

NoDamage said:
Use ATITool and manually set your fan speed to 100% on the Accelero, it should help.

do this, most people don't know that the accelero x2 performs better when you set the fan to 100%. they just put the cooler on and think thats it and it should be like that, i agree, less questions. letting the card do the throttling will not make a big difference in temps.

I get 68C max load now with Accelero2 on my X1900XT set to 700/800 1.52V Vgpu.

Something is very wrong with your setup. 80C is way high.

You may be the victim of the SHIM on the R580 chip being higher than the core, so the heatsink can't actually touch the core, the bad contact making it ineffective to cool.

You should take the cooler off, use a flat edge and go across the core to see whether the core sits above or BELOW the level of the SHIM surrounding it.

If the core is below the shim, either go back to the stock cooler (it has a bump-out that ips the middle down to make contact with the core, avoiding the SHIM) or pop the SHIM off carefully with a xacto knife, so the cooler can make 100% contact with the core.

spaceman said:
those temps are high! I use the X2 with my 1900XT and it never goes over 74C. I used AC5 on everything including the ramsinks.

I'm on the stock heatsink and mine doesn't break 80C. Of course, I have the fan set to ramp up in speed up to 100% in ATI tool, so it does get very, very loud.

thanks all.

I'll go back and check if my fan is at 100% (probably not).
I'll report back!

xX_Jack_Carver_Xx said:
I get 68C max load now with Accelero2 on my X1900XT set to 700/800 1.52V Vgpu.

You shouldn't need that much voltage for those clocks....my XTX gets those easily at 1.425V ( stock ) and the XTX and XT have the same core.

Back