• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

x1900xt Temps

Slo Gun

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
302
I have used Ati fan control to reduce the fan speed settings, cos the noise really gets on my tits.
Is it ok to have the card idling at over 70degrees?
 
Mine sits at 61c with the fan on stock settings. Funny though, I can't hear the X1900XTX when idle..... I only hear it when the second and third fan settings kick in.
 
Just wondering, what was your card temperature at stock fan speed settings?

Mine sits at 57c at idle
 
x1900xt ,

with stock fan setting idled 51-52

after i put arctic silver on , it idles at 48

27% fan speen is stock idle , i change it to 32% , doesnt make any difference in noise and keeps the temps at 46 idle

of course this is dependant on your room air temperature
 
at stock it was idling around 60.
i may be overly sensitive but i find anything over 14% to be a hindernace.
at stock i can hear the fan while watching films.
and it is terrible when trying to sleep. I just cant believe how much noiser it is than a 7800GTX.
I hope the aftermarket cooling solutions are a lot better.
 
Back
Top