X1900XT - Quieter and cooler?

The-Tmann

Supreme [H]ardness
X1900XT
I picked up a X1900XT but I am used to my quiet 512 7800GTX

I heard these things are loud and hot, I haven't run it yet

Whats the best way to make this card quieter and cooler?

Is there a NVSilencer like cooler that is like the older one that exhausts heat out the back of the case?

The stock cooler on it exhausts air out the back of the case already.

Other than that, I'd just run it to see if it really bothers you, some people aren't as nitpicky as others.

The T-man said:
X1900XT
I picked up a X1900XT but I am used to my quiet 512 7800GTX

I heard these things are loud and hot, I haven't run it yet

Whats the best way to make this card quieter and cooler?

Is there a NVSilencer like cooler that is like the older one that exhausts heat out the back of the case?
It's not so much loud as it is annoying. There is a high-pitched whine that begins when the fan hits above 65-70% (on mine). It can apparently be fixed by hacking up the cooler a little and putting in another fan, but I can't for the life of me find where I read that. Find someone who watercools or bought an additional cooler for theirs, and practice on that before you start on yours :p.

The T-man said:
great...
=-P

I got the x1800 I dunno if the fans are different, but its noisy cant notice it when playing gamesx but I am getting sound dampeners for it lol.

Grab a Zalman VF-900Cu when they become available. I got the feeling it will be an awesome cooler for the new hotter running flagship cards.

I got the Accelero X2 by Artic Cooling and just installed it today. Its cools way better then stock and is pretty much silent. I can only hear a very faint low hum at the highest fan speeds and the rest of my comp is pretty quiet too. Huge improvement over the stock cooler. Highly reccomend.

Mister E said:
Grab a Zalman VF-900Cu when they become available. I got the feeling it will be an awesome cooler for the new hotter running flagship cards.
I have the VF-700Cu and it works GREAT. Knocked 10c off the temps and is silent.

Back