X1900 issues.

Rhitick

Weaksauce
Some of you might remember me posting a month or 2 ago about not being able to (sanely) run any game in windowed mode.

It causes massive frame lag and bogs down the whole system.

I have tried drivers, OCing (including altering voltages etc) and a few other things and nothing has seemed to help.

Has anyone else had this issue? Its driving me nuts...

Nearly any game.

Of note World of Warcraft, which worked fine with my 6600gts in SLi and my GFs x850 and her old 6600, and EVE Online.

ever hear of rma or just trying it on someone elses PC? send it to someone u trust like me perhaps I have the same rig. Or realistically take it to a PC shop and have them test it.

That might be how it's supposed to be, you only get the full speed of your video card running in full screen 3D mode, when you run in windows mode it drops down to 500 core / 500 mem and like 1.175V instead of 1.425. Complain at ATi for some decent drivers.

nope the 500MHz problem isn't it, its windows XP alpha shading, ie Shadows, happens here as well, I just go in and turn shadows off for menu bars and etc, and no slowdown, but when shadows are on, it slows down. Nice to meet a fellow EVE-Online Player :D

Back