x1900 gt v2 crosfire question

tomjones

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
117
Has anyone gotten this combination to work in crossfire? Suppposedly its should work in dongle-less software mode, but no matter what version of CCC I install the overdrive and the crossfire options are not there. Both cards show up in device manager fine, ive installed v 7.1, 7.8, 7.9, 7.10, all with the same effect. Tried Vista and Xp, same crossfire isnt even greyed out its just not there. Got 2 of these cards from newegg when they were on sale for $89 each for a cheap upgrade for my brother, but its not looking to good now. Any help would be appreciated.

2x sapphire x1900gt v2 part # 102B0420220 000001
Asus P5k motherboard (p35 chipset supposedly CF capable)
 
Has anyone gotten this combination to work in crossfire? Suppposedly its should work in dongle-less software mode, but no matter what version of CCC I install the overdrive and the crossfire options are not there. Both cards show up in device manager fine, ive installed v 7.1, 7.8, 7.9, 7.10, all with the same effect. Tried Vista and Xp, same crossfire isnt even greyed out its just not there. Got 2 of these cards from newegg when they were on sale for $89 each for a cheap upgrade for my brother, but its not looking to good now. Any help would be appreciated.

2x sapphire x1900gt v2 part # 102B0420220 000001
Asus P5k motherboard (p35 chipset supposedly CF capable)

I have an x1900gt v2 and I was told that it would work dongless crossfire with the amd 3200 chipset. Otherwise, you'd need a crossfire mastercard.
 
crap guess i should of read into it better before i bought it, since im stuck with an intel processor
 
crap guess i should of read into it better before i bought it, since im stuck with an intel processor

one 1900gt is still not a bad card. My personal opinion would be to see if you could get a refund and sit on that money until the new cards come out in November. And I meant ATI 3200 chipset, which I think did come out for intel mobos.
 
Back
Top