X1800Xt Good Deal?

TrueKaio

Gawd
It's been too long since I've been looking at the graphics. I'm kinda on a budget and I'm wondering if I just got a decent deal on an x1800xt, the price was $239 for a sapphire with 256 megs of GDDR3.

The real reason I got it was that it was a combo deal which knocked off $40 bucks from the processor i was thinking of getting (Venice 3200+, was at $135 for a long time and this knocked it down to $95).

I already have 2 gigs of g.skill ddr500 so i'm thinking if i can overclock it decent' i probably won't be cpu limited.

But more importantly, in the realm of performance/price is this decent for a gpu (which effectively cost $199 since i would have bought teh $135 cpu no matter what).

Edit: And wtf is up with newegg :( i think they've all gone home and are celebrating for a three day weekend. My order was charged 2 days ago and they haven't even started packing my stuff to ship it yet.

They're open M-F, not weekends. You will likely see some activity after midnight.

hey they need a weekend too. Its nice to be able to do things with your family once in awhile, anyways the x1800xt is a pretty good card.

That's a nice deal, the X1800XT still is a very decent performer. I think you can compare it's performance with a 7800/7900GT. I'm currently waiting on a Sapphire X1800XT to arrive. :)

Thats why you hire someone for the weekends! I've got a part time job for my weekends!

The x1800xt actually even beats the 7900gt in almost all tests, including opengl games.

not to mention that you can oc most of the x1800xt's by 100Mhz on the core and mem at the minimum. The highest I hit on the core of my x1800xt was 760Mhz. Mem is stuck right around the 800-812 mark...which isn't bad...I'm not going to complain about having "only" 1.6Ghz ddr :p (well...effectively 1.6Ghz anyway).

Got my Sapphire x1800xt a week and a half ago...thrilled with it. Although it does get hot...so I'm thinking of a better cooler for it soon b/c the stock fan gets quite loud at full speed (which it hasn't hit yet without me setting it to 100% manually. The most it's hit while playing was 70%)

on sunday ya but they will deliver on saturday for certain things like priorety mail

That's not a bad deal. I got my 512MB MSI card for the same price though.

Back