x1800 Crossfire - Is it worth it?

TFM

Gawd
I recently bought an X1800 Crossfire card on the forums at a very good price - but without the crossfire cable. I bought it to run as an X1800XT, but i find that it's slightly underclocked for an XT - and trying to clock it at XT speeds provides problems.

I can buy a crossfire cable for under $10 from somebody - and my question is, is it worth it to spend the money on the crossfire cable for an X1800, assuming that it's a dated system anyway. In order to run Crossfire, i'd have to buy another X1800XT card - which would probably run me around $80 (i'm not willing to pay more than that - if that really). Would i just be better suited to sell the card when i'm ready for an upgrade and go to a single card solution around $150? And would i get more for the X1800 Crossfire card if i buy the crossfire cable from the guy? Or is the technology so old now, that it wouldn't be worth it?

Thanks guys,
Chris

Sell the X1800XT for $80 and then spend the same $80 (or $160 with the sales money) and you'll have just enough for the vastly superior HD 3850. ;)

It truly isn't worth it in this point of the game. Like farfromhome said, sell it and opt for a HD 3850, but I'd recommend trying to stretch for a 3870

Yeah its a bit late into the game now.
You'll also need a strong PSU.

Back