X1800 Crossfire Card by Itself

TFM

Gawd
I just recently purchased a used X1800 Crossfire card from someone here on the forums. From what i've read, it's basically an X1800XT that can be disabled to work with the XL as well (aside from the outputs, it looks just like the XT).

But when i look at the clocks, it's clocked lower than the XT, and in the Everest utility, it actually shows as an X1800XL

Here are the clocks of the XT - 625 / 1.5ghz
Here are the clocks of my card - 594 / 1.4ghz (i think)

Should i just be able to run the card at XT speeds stock without a problem?

Thanks,
Chris

I doubt very much it would hurt to try, although you probably wont notice much of a difference.

ATI marketed only one Crossfire card for the x1800 series so you could perform Crossfire with either the XL or XT using this card. You can use the card standalone, it is simply an x1800 card with the extra DVI chips required to send Crossfire data.

The stock clocks are not wrong, they purposefully jammed the specs right in-between the XL and XT so that they wouldn't have to charge so much that they priced XL owners out of the market.

And yes, I thought this was pretty stupid too, but so was ATI's whole early Crossfire setup.

You can probably clock it up to XT levels, most videocards can make that tiny overclock.

Back