x1600xt crossfire

althes

n00b
3d05stock2ym.jpg

Hehe, I like to see stuff like this.

I wish I had money for an x850 mastercard and a Crossfire motherboard.

Pretty nice setup there. What mobo do you have. The DFI one?

Just got mine in the other day, haven't have time to play with it yet, but here's my stock score for my single x1600xt:
1600xtstockscore.jpg

System Specs:
4200 X2 @ 2.5ghz
1gb OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 @ 460mhz
X1600xt @ stock with Thermaltake Tide Water - idle 35, load 42

EDIT - Overclocked Core, memory wont overclock at all, gives me artifacts instantly... :(
Oh, and ignore the pink backround haha..
x1600xt650.jpg

Meh, heres my final score for now, wont overclock higher than 655, just locks up...
x1600xt654.jpg

I definately think the core can go much higher, just find it odd that the card locks up when I go to 650mhz yet i have 0 artifacts.. Are you having trouble overclocking your ram? Still havent managed to figure out why it just artifacts instantly no matter what i do to it.

I am having trouble overclocking my core, what cards do you have.
I have sapphire.
How are yo overclocking your core.
:D

I too have a Sapphire card, as seen in my screen shots i've been using Ati Tool to overclock, and for some reason my memory decided to start overclocking finally, and i can get it all the way up to 800, anything over just locks up after a few minutes of benching. The fact that I'm able to get it up to 800 with absolutely nothing cooling my ram just amazes me tho. Final clocks i've been able to get are 654.75, 800. I'll post benches in a little bit, Merry christmas to all who celebrate and are reading this.

I am just ordered that Asus mobo and I am going to get an X850 master so, I'll see what I can do.

OldSpice said:
I definately think the core can go much higher, just find it odd that the card locks up when I go to 650mhz yet i have 0 artifacts.. Are you having trouble overclocking your ram? Still havent managed to figure out why it just artifacts instantly no matter what i do to it.

possibily tapped out on core voltage?

thore

Fear benches....
Default Clocks:
feardefault.jpg

Overclocked (654/801):
fearoverclock.jpg

Tests were ran with settings set to High, and 1280X960 for the resolution (using an lcd monitor..)

I doubt i'll be able to break 6000 in 3dmark ive been trying for the past few hours, but I must say I am HIGHLY impressed with this card, i went from an x800 256mb 256bit (12 pipe), to this - and this thing just smokes it, all for $40 less :)

Slightly OT, but...

I'm about to build a new PC and I've been looking at the X1600XT as a good mix of features and performance for the price. I'm interested in keeping a Crossfire setup open as an upgrade path. Because I'm trying to keep the costs quite modest, I was initially looking at an Athlon64 3200+ for the CPU. But I'm concerned that this may limit the performance of a X1600XT Crossfire setup. However, two things: firstly, my intentions are for the PC to be for casual gaming, so very high frame rates aren't required. A solid ~30fps is adequate. Secondly, it seems that a X1600XT Crossfire setup would still be pushed by the latest games (FEAR, Black & White) at high res and w/ AA, and going by those infamous Xbitlabs articles, I won't have to worry about a CPU bottleneck in those situations.

In a nutshell, what I'm interested to get some thoughts on is what CPU would be adequate for a X1600XT Crossfire setup.

i'd go with a 3800+ if you can find one, or if you are at all interested in OC'ing your cpu should do close to 2.4 on air pretty easy

yeh if u dont mind overclocking the 3200+ should hit 2.4 EASY and realistically u could hit 2.7-2.8

my 3000+ hits 2.5 stable anything higher and i get memory problems (i got really old memory)

only reason imo to get a higher priced proc would be for dual core.

venice 3000+ @2.2ghz and a x800gto2@16pipe(600/600) lands 7100 , when i pushed it to 2.5 it only went up to like 7180 so i dont think im being too limited by my proc....all my games get virtually the same framerates at the reso i play at 1280x960.

I hope to see some real gaming performance from people having a x1600xt Crossfire setup like althes and Old Spice have posted. My mind was set on a x850xt but now I don't know if I will go with a x1600xt Crossfire setup. I wonder how it will perform in Far Cry with HDR on. It might be awhile before we see some reviews on the x1600xt Crossfire.

isma said:
I hope to see some real gaming performance from people having a x1600xt Crossfire setup like althes and Old Spice have posted. My mind was set on a x850xt but now I don't know if I will go with a x1600xt Crossfire setup. I wonder how it will perform in Far Cry with HDR on. It might be awhile before we see some reviews on the x1600xt Crossfire.
Wait a month and the X1800XT's will be dropping in price; by a large margin.

R1ckCa1n said:
Wait a month and the X1800XT's will be dropping in price; by a large margin.
i think what rick's referring to if you dont know is that when the x1900's released (r580), hopefully ati will go the traditional route of lowering the previous top-end card's prices and not just release it at a ridiculously high msrp like nvidia did with the 7800gtx 512.

isma said:
How do you know that ???

well ati will be releasing the x1900 then 0.0 thats why but the Xts in canada are ALREADY the same price as the GTX256M buahaah i knew we would get something out of not getting them first =)

As Requested Far Cry HDR Benches, all settings set to high, 1280X1024, FSAA 2x, HDR level set to 11 (max):
Stock Speed:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
1815, 88543, 15, 26, 20.499

Overclocked (654/801):
1640, 69278, 17, 30, 23.673

Edit - The read me that came with the beta prerelease patch stated that HDR set to 7 was suggested so here it is benchmarked at FSAA 2x, and HDR at 7:
Overclocked:
1651, 81095, 15, 25, 20.359

As you can see, I didnt quite run an accurate benchmark or wte, but these numbers are taken from actual gameplay, its the very first level, from the point you wake up on the ground to when you first reach the outside. Also, this is with a single x1600xt.

Soymilk said:
i think what rick's referring to if you dont know is that when the x1900's released (r580), hopefully ati will go the traditional route of lowering the previous top-end card's prices and not just release it at a ridiculously high msrp like nvidia did with the 7800gtx 512.

I see, it would be better to wait a little bit and see what happens. I'm not in a hurry anyway because I won't play with my new rig until march or april.

OldSpice said:
As Requested Far Cry HDR Benches, all settings set to high, 1280X1024, FSAA 2x, HDR level set to 11 (max):
Stock Speed:
1815, 88543, 15, 26, 20.499

Overclocked (654/801):
1640, 69278, 17, 30, 23.673

Edit - The read me that came with the beta prerelease patch stated that HDR set to 7 was suggested so here it is benchmarked at FSAA 2x, and HDR at 7:
Overclocked:
1651, 81095, 15, 25, 20.359

As you can see, I didnt quite run an accurate benchmark or wte, but these numbers are takin from actual gameplay, its the very first level, from the point you wake up on the ground to when you first reach the outside. Also, this is with a SINGLE x1600xt.

Thank you for posting your benches. :)

at first i wasn't very impressed with those numbers, but then you said it was done with a SINGLE card, wow thats simply amazing

Back