X13

mkrohn

2[H]4U
so we haven't quite gained a good coverage of X11 yet and now X13 is emerging. By good coverage I mean made it easy. Currently X11 suffers from not having an easy to follow and easy to cash out to BTC path. Last weekend was the first round of actual performance enhancements for X11 and there is certainly a long ways to go but what is going to destroy mining is how fast things are completely changing. Every single coin is nothing but mine for a short period and cash out pump and dump trash. This just isn't sustainable.

Welcome to a true "flavor of the month" because next month X15 will be the new hotness or something entirely different...

X13 certainly hasn't caught on yet. It's still very early in X11's lifetime to just brush it off as being old news. Personally I never knew X13 existed until a couple of days ago. It certainly isn't the "flavor of the month" if the product isn't worth switching for, right? And especially if it's only what? 3 coins? Whooptee-frickin-doo.

Unless you want to put yourself through the hell of switching over to some new algorithm every week, stick with the current new standard... which I would say is X11 right now.

Everything you described as being a problem isn't a problem with the algorithm... it's with the environment. It's certainly not because of the algorithm that the product (the coin itself) is a pump and dump piece of garbage (*cough* Mastiffcoin *cough*).

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by not having an easy path to cash out to BTC with X11. I assume you mean there's not enough choice amongst profit-switching multipools that pay in BTC and also support X11. Again... product of the environment, not the algorithm. It will come.

Variety like this however, will be what eventually keeps the ASICs at bay.
And even though it keeps you on your toes, new algos being released early and often are what "may" eventually make the ASIC developers give up the chase.
Just like you, me and all miners, the HW guys just won't know which one will take off for a reasonably long duration and where they should invest the next 500K developing the chips.

Geez, in just a few days, X13 has gone from non-existent to ~170% of the X11 hash rate on the TradeMyBit pools. Considering the hashrate is only ~80% of what it is with the same hardware on X11, that's means there's almost twice the hardware on X13 than X11. Hell, if there was an NVIDIA X13 miner, it would probably be higher than that.

Is there any adverse effects to switching to X13? Higher power usage? More heat? Or is it just as power efficient as X11?

I have considered switching a few machines over to X13 and putting them on TMB. If X13 is as power efficient as X11, then I just might be able to start my 290s up as well.

My Nvidia stuff will just have to stay on X11 for now... Hopefully an Nvidia X13 miner comes soon.

Is there any adverse effects to switching to X13? Higher power usage? More heat? Or is it just as power efficient as X11?

I have considered switching a few machines over to X13 and putting them on TMB. If X13 is as power efficient as X11, then I just might be able to start my 290s up as well.

My Nvidia stuff will just have to stay on X11 for now... Hopefully an Nvidia X13 miner comes soon.

I think my 3x 270 rig went from 305W from the wall to 313W, so basically the same. From what I've seen, parameters are the same as well. So you should just need to get the x13mod version of sgminer, update the algorithm, and change your pool settings. Only difference is your hashrates will be about 80-85% of what they were on X11.

Roughly the same power, but a slightly decreased hash rate. I'm getting 2.8 out of 290's and roughly 3.2 out of 290X's, as opposed to the 3.5(290) and 4.1(290X) of X11.

I'm only getting about 2.9-3.0 out of my 290x's. I guess some optimization would be needed to squeeze the extra 200khs.

What TC, powertune, thread count, and intensity?

Edit: Actually, just post the whole config.

I didn't change anything in the config file, that's just what came with the miner and when I ran it the numbers were in line with what they should be.

The bat file I have uses -I 20 -g 4 -w 128

I actually run GPU0 at -I 18 for 3MH and GPU1 at -I 20 for 3.1 MH.

No extra powertune required. Averages are down a bit because I actually do stuff on this rig during the day like photo editing and watching videos.

290.png

I wonder how long it's going to be before some enterprising soul puts distributed password cracking into the blockchain algorithm and calls it "X-blahblahblah".

I wonder how long it's going to be before some enterprising soul puts distributed password cracking into the blockchain algorithm and calls it "X-blahblahblah".

I would not be surprised if it has happened already.

Roughly the same power, but a slightly decreased hash rate. I'm getting 2.8 out of 290's and roughly 3.2 out of 290X's, as opposed to the 3.5(290) and 4.1(290X) of X11.

I just finished my first round of playing with my 290's. I'm still playing, but my best so far was 2.86MH/s... and I think that was pushing things. I found that out of my three 290's I have 1 oddball that doesn't like to make the same numbers as the others.

Gonna try a few more things tomorrow.

I didn't change anything in the config file, that's just what came with the miner and when I ran it the numbers were in line with what they should be.

The bat file I have uses -I 20 -g 4 -w 128

I actually run GPU0 at -I 18 for 3MH and GPU1 at -I 20 for 3.1 MH.

No extra powertune required. Averages are down a bit because I actually do stuff on this rig during the day like photo editing and watching videos.

What brand/model of cards do you have?

edit: oops, i guess the nvidia cards don't have an x13 miner yet....

Last edited:
I'm trying once again to get my 290's running at an acceptable hash rate (2.8 is OK, I would prefer higher, but if 2.8 is all I can do... meh) and so far I'm finding that AMD's 14.4 drivers are sorta sucky.

My best performance has been on 13.12's... updating to 14.4 just knocks 400KH/s off each card's performance.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm trying once again to get my 290's running at an acceptable hash rate (2.8 is OK, I would prefer higher, but if 2.8 is all I can do... meh) and so far I'm finding that AMD's 14.4 drivers are sorta sucky.

My best performance has been on 13.12's... updating to 14.4 just knocks 400KH/s off each card's performance.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I heard 14.4 was better for x11, but so far nothing on x13.

The most I can squeeze for x13 is 2.7, can't get it any higher.

I heard 14.4 was better for x11, but so far nothing on x13.

The most I can squeeze for x13 is 2.7, can't get it any higher.

I finding 2.7 is probably the sweet spot for my 290's as well... anything above is sorta flaky. It fluctuates wildly and never really settles down. Besides, at 2.7, things are stable enough to allow for lowering the core voltage a bit.

Yikes. X13 profitability already tanked. Down to 1/3rd what it was two days ago.

Yeah, weird, most X13 coins have tanked well below the top X11 coins in profitability, even.

"Shit's going crazy!" is about the only thing you can count on in the cryptomining world.

If I'm not mistaken, a few of those X13 coins that were released in the past few days or so only had a limited mining period and are now in PoS phase. This could explain the drop in X13 profitability. But, as always, there are new and exciting coins being released daily (I use the words "new" and "exciting" very loosely) so one or more of them may bolster the X13 profitability at some point.

It's all in the definition.

new = nothing really "new" other than the name
exciting = total shitcoin that will be worth nothing in a week, but in the next couple days it's going to go bonkers as a bunch of people pump and dump it

exciting = total shitcoin that will be worth nothing in a week, but in the next couple days it's going to go bonkers as a bunch of people pump and dump it

I still don't see how this scam works... people lose out each time (someone is buying high)

I still don't see how this scam works... people lose out each time (someone is buying high)

Yup, pretty much. It works because a whale with a big holding gets a big buy frenzy going, driving the price up. Inertia sends the price even higher. When the price gets reasonably high, the whale cashes out, crashing the value in the process. All of those "little people" buying on the way up get hosed.

I see we use the same dictionary. :D

Back