X-TAP anyone used this?

raygan_gamer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
330
just curious if anyone has any experience or review of this product $33 each
X-TAP
blk.jpg


or if you know a better DIY or something cheaper
 
theres a guy on ebay who does these for 20$
i made my own ghetto version from leftover parts- it worked fine
 
theres a guy on ebay who does these for 20$
i made my own ghetto version from leftover parts- it worked fine

can you share your creation?
MaximumPC Magazine shows how DIY, but was wondering if the steps could be further minimized, by rewiring your front panel connector end with just a female end/CONN TERM CRIMP PH 24-30AWG + a CONN HOUSING PH 10POS 2MM WHITE, then connect that directly to the 10-piin male end of the X-FI card????
wouldn't that work the same?

advance thanks
 
that would work. i'm afraid mine was very unsophisticated. i took some header wires out of an old computer case (the ones for reset, hdd light, etc), squeezed the plug ends slightly to hold onto the x-fi's end, and then stripped, folded over, and twisted the wire until stiff- then plugged those into the case's front panel connector
like i said-very ghetto but took 10 minutes
 
thanks, I'll try some local stores before I venture to this...I might use use this open wires:
95493822.Adu2xOnm.jpg
and just use the CONN TERM CRIMP PH 24-30AWG over it.
this way, if I screw up I still have the HD-Audio or AC-97 from my Stacker 830 front audio panel
95493826.NdXQ9r8o.jpg

95493829.jahQIixm.jpg
 
I bought one from them before, these guys ship extremely slow. I got my cables 2 weeks after I placed my order. Maybe they are not local.
 
Back
Top