X-Ram: Hype or Hip?

Comte

Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2001
Messages
946
Is the 64mb of X-Ram on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series worth the $125 at Newegg or is X-Ram all hype?
 
Simple answer? Hype. Long answer? Same as the short answer, as it were.

X-RAM is really super if you play BF2 or BF2142 (so they say). If you don't, you may as well pry the chips off and use them as paper weights for the time being.
 
Simple answer? Hype. Long answer? Same as the short answer, as it were.

X-RAM is really super if you play BF2 or BF2142 (so they say). If you don't, you may as well pry the chips off and use them as paper weights for the time being.


And not very useful ones at that!
 
BTW, the only games I play right now are 2142 and bf2. I had to choose XRAM or no XRAM when i just purchased my XFI. I decided that the $50+ difference was not worth it for 64mb.

I still play BF2 and 2142 with full XFI settings, so I really do not see the advantage of XRAM unless you have a bit older machine that might need the extra help a bit.
 
Only a few games used it. So i really see it as just all hype. Maybe more will use it in the future who knows.But I really think it isnt needed at all.
 
Back
Top