• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Qpack or Ultra Micro Fly

TooncesLives

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
188
Ok....I have decided on the all the components for my first SFF build, and I was set on getting the Micro Fly until newegg put the X-Qpack on sale yesterday. Since I'm robbing my Seasonic S12 PSU from my current HTPC for the SFF build, I'm doing to need to buy a PSU for my current rig. Because the X-Qpack that I'm looking at comes with the PSU, and the Micro Fly doesn't, it puts the cost of both cases at the same price once I do get a PSU. So, what does everyone recommend? Am I still better off with the Micro Fly? Is there noticable differences in build quality and cooling between them? Any opinions would be great!
 
The MicroFly comes with a PSU, but they're both crap. The MicroFly's is slightly less crap, but you're better off buying a case w/o one and getting a quality PSU. MicroCenter has a deal on the silver MF right now. Not to mention the MF is also less restrictive.

…but I’d go with the JPac cuz I like all black. ;)
 
The Mico fly that I'm looking at doesn't have the PSU with it (it's on sale for 39.99 without PSU). With the PSU the two cases comes to the same price after the 15 dollar rebate. I've heard that both have crap for a PSU, which is why I'm swapping it out with my Seasonic. Do you think the PSU out of the X-Qpack would be unreliable for powering an email client (which is what my old HTPC is becoming)? Basically all it will be powering is the board, 1 hard drive and one optical drive.
 
Personally I would go for the Ultra Micro Fly. After reading reviews it sounds like one of the best SFFs out there right now.
 
of the two the Micro Fly is the better. The X-Qpack is an older model and while similiar I would just get the Micro Fly.

I have a X-Qpack and two Micro Flys by the way
 
The Q-Pack PSU cannot be trusted for anything, it is total shit. The Micro Fly's PSU isn't awful, but it is not good either. My old s939 Micro Fly system ran great off the stock PSU. It should be more than enough for your email client.
 
Do you have a link to the MF that is on sale at microcenter? I'd like to check that out before I order (could possibly pick it up on Friday when I'm in MN rather than having to have it shipped). I don't see it on their site though...thanks!
 
OK....I've decided to go for the black Micro Fly from Microcenter (I like the black better than the blue one that I could get onsale from the other vendor I was looking at). Plus it will be a little cheaper by not having to pay shipping. Do you think my system will be alright with the stock cooling that comes with the Case, and the Core 2 Duo 2.13ghz fan, or should I be looking at some alternatives? Here is what my final setup will be.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813121056
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115004
Storage Hard Drive: Samsung 300gig SATA
OS Drive: 80gig WD SATA
Video: MSI 7600GT
Tuner: PVR-500
HD Tuner: Fusion
Optical Drive: LaCie DVD+-RW w/LightScribe
Memory: Gig of OCZ from my current system (can't remember the specs off hand)
 
You might want to get different rear exhaust fan, the stock one is a bit crappy. I went with the big Artic Cooling 120mm fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186008 and it moves a LOT of air...

I am sure you will be fine with stock cooling, I don't think that mobo overclocks much at all (if it even does). You might want to consider aftermarket cooling for the video card if you want to overclock though.
 
sleepeeg3 said:
The MicroFly comes with a PSU, but they're both crap. The MicroFly's is slightly less crap, but you're better off buying a case w/o one and getting a quality PSU. MicroCenter has a deal on the silver MF right now. Not to mention the MF is also less restrictive.

…but I’d go with the JPac cuz I like all black. ;)

ot - can you still get the jpac? ive been looking for another but cant find one. like the all black also.

181965747_b77002e7fa.jpg


wanted to put a matching one of these in each bedroom and possibly the kitchen.
 
Back
Top