• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Qpack and Biostar Tforce MB issue

JSLIM

n00b
Joined
Oct 21, 2005
Messages
10
I have a x-qpack and a biostar tforce 939 board, I put the board on the stock motherboard tray standoffs, and the backing plate on the mobo is hitting the tray, Causing a slight bend in the board..... Anyone else notice this, or are you suppose to add standoffs, but then wouldn't the i/o backing plate not align?

DSC02561.jpg
 
Just snip the metal where the backing plate contacts the pull-out tray and bend the lip flush with the rest of the tray. I've had this problem on various cases since the introduction of the socket 754/939.

I wouldn't have tightened the screws down when I saw that...........tweaking your mobo like that isn't good for its health.
 
yeah that's the thing.......I didn't realize til last night when I had the cover off doing some cleaning........It's been like this for awhile now......fixing it tonight when I get home. My poor baby.... :p
 
i was just wondering if anyone else with this mobo and case. i am thinking about getting this mobo but if that is going to be a problem I dont really want to deal with that. ugh, i knew that the new mobo was to good to be true. :/
 
It really isn't that hard to modify the backplate/slide-out tray. I mean, two snips using dykes and pry back. If you can put a computer together, you can do this, trust me.
 
or you could just leave it. i mean, from what i see, the culprit is rubber, so it wont conduct electricity. and apparently JSLIM's been running his like that for a while. so if you dont really care, you could leave it i guess?
 
i have that sam case and i dont quite understand how you would fix that by cutting the lip the tray slides into. If the tray is to small it doesnt really matter what you do to the lip. Am i just not understanding what you are saying. can someone explain more deeply I am not understanding. thanks. i really want to buy this mobo but if i do not know how to fix this problem then i am not going to get it.
EDIT: I Understand now. The backplate for the heatsink is to big and is causing the mobo to bend becuse it is to large. i should not have any problems becuse i iwill be using the zalman heatsink backplate so i think it shouldnt interfere. :)
 
just got a pair of pliers and bent the lip......... my baby is fine and dandy now. :D
 
Back
Top