• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-Meridian OPAMP problem

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1,844
I finally got around to replacing the OPAMPs. I tried to replace the stock with 4 LM4562NA. However I found serious static at higher frequencies and volume. It is as if the OPAMPS just ran out of gas. I tested all 4 in the front L/R channel and all have the same problem. Switched back to stock and all was fine. Are all 4 defective or is there something else Im missing? Thanks.
 
Dont have anything else on hand. Though like I said I tested the card itself with the old OPAMPs and it worked fine. I know OPAMPs can go bad but 4 DOAs seems kind of unlikely...
 
Could be lots of things then. Dirty pins, damaged chips, compatibility issues...
 
I think the OPAMPs I got are counterfeit. Shouldn't have bought it off Ebay. The numbers on top of the LM4562NA marking is JR83AB. Can someone who have LM4562NA on hand take a look at the number? Thanks.

Looking at the seller's feedback there was one that said the LM4562 was not genuine...
 
Mouser doesn't appear to stock them, but Digikey has pics. Through-hole version (don't know if there are others).

LM4562NA%5ENOPB.JPG
 
MYSTERY SOLVED.

The OPAMPS are fakes. Posted on Headfi and someone had the same problem. Fake $5 part... I guess in HKD the margin is worth it.
 
Back
Top