X-Gene Mini SFF Case install pics

Look at the width. It's not going to allow a mm over 120. Same problem with the ends, although you could redrill the bolt holes, but the only other one with a 120mm width is the Thermaltake one.

Well concerning the width issue, i was planning to cut the entire front section out and attach a rad-grill to the front and use some type of C-bracket to do the hard mounting of the rad so as long as the space is there top to bottom i should be good. the other idea would be to do a dual 80mm over the mb but that wont fit because of expansion slot area i think. so i would be left doing 1x120mm/ 1 80mm front with 120 adapter and maybe an 80mm in the top portion but thats gonna be a lot of flow restriction. Ill pose the question over in wc section to see how much rad I need for proposed system.

But looking at the pics, I can't see how that would fit unless you'd cut out the perforated bottom (why is that there in the first place???)
Because there's no such thing as a perfect SFF case? :eek:

Well concerning the width issue, i was planning to cut the entire front section out and attach a rad-grill to the front and use some type of C-bracket to do the hard mounting of the rad so as long as the space is there top to bottom i should be good. the other idea would be to do a dual 80mm over the mb but that wont fit because of expansion slot area i think. so i would be left doing 1x120mm/ 1 80mm front with 120 adapter and maybe an 80mm in the top portion but thats gonna be a lot of flow restriction. Ill pose the question over in wc section to see how much rad I need for proposed system.
The first would work, but where would you put all your drives? A dual 80mm should work. Putting the rads in bays is not going to accomplish much, because the air is not going anywhere. Looks like you could actually mount an additional 80mm rad on the top front right, in addition to a dual 120mm up front.

I am running off of a dual 80mm and single 120mm Thermochill and temps are manageable at ~55 at load. GPU is not in the loop, however.

well i would run with only a single burner and a single maybe dual hard drives and id probally mount the hd's perpendicular and on top off the dvd. lots of little planning to go into it and lots of warranty voiding :). if im going to run a single video card i could use the evga sli board and use the second slot and have a dual 80 above the mb etc, hrrrm i love a problem.

i just had this seemingly crazy notion of totally removing the top portion, and just using the bottom... there any 80mm height psus? lol. i dunno. after thinking about it for a little bit, i realized too many size issues, not with just parts, but wiring too. would take a lot of modding... heck, might as well make my own case, but i'm uber noob at this modding stuff... . haha. so yah... oh wells. i'll look more into it... when i'm not hungry

That was the first thing I thought regarding this case. It is nice but h2o might be a problem here. I'd love to see what you guys come up with.
The Abit AM2 or the 775 would go nicely here.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but whats the clearance for cpu heatsinks in this case? Its rather tall. Wanted to order one before my case came in.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but whats the clearance for cpu heatsinks in this case? Its rather tall. Wanted to order one before my case came in.

Thanks in advance.

I have one I'm reviewing but it is still at the sound lab so I can't get to it to see. I don't believe it is too high.

Thanks in advance.
the clearance is close to 124mm, i didnt add the cpu socket with the cpu. i measured it formthe toop of the mobo(with stand off on) and to the bottom of the top level. u could also cut out the vent holes on the top deck for more room, thats wat i was gonna do, but imma go water cooling

the clearance is close to 124mm, i didnt add the cpu socket with the cpu. i measured it formthe toop of the mobo(with stand off on) and to the bottom of the top level. u could also cut out the vent holes on the top deck for more room, thats wat i was gonna do, but imma go water cooling

Ah. That helps greatly. :)

Thanks a bunch.

ya no prob. you should buy the case from sffstore.com, they have the case there the cheapest, and shippings price is good, and he is friendly

Back