x-fi

AeriaGloris

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
384
I currently have an audigy 2 zs and im looking to upgrade.
I'm interested in this model http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...bIndex=1&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null
I like the fact that it has a header for the front audio on my case, no more scrabling round the back to plug in a headset. I have heard, though that the half height cards are somehow worse than their full height bretheren? Can sombody tell me a bit more about that?
 
XtremeGamer is perfect.

The only bad one is the XtremeAudio, stay away from it.

The XtremeGamer is very similar to the XtremeMusic that was originally released.
Released later, it is a newer revision PCB, more compact.
Uses the same X-Fi CPU, so full hardware acceleration.
Uses the same Cirrus Logic output DAC, and the same Wolfson input ADC. with the same 24bit and 96khz/192khz playback for stereo.
Supports the same 7.1 audio and digital output.

Does not have the connectors for the 5.25" bay nor the external break-out box thingamajig.
Does not have all the extra creative branded bloatware (software dvd player, audio recording/mixing tools).
 
Back
Top