• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi XtremeGamer question

str4ng

n00b
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
29
Am I correct that this is the only X-Fi card that has a front panel connection for regular cases? (mic/headphones)

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=15853&nav=1

From that it looks like it does, and with a standard 10-pin nonetheless. Could anyone confirm how well this works? I currently have an Audigy SE and it doesn't have front panel connection, and my friend's X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS doesn't seem to have it either. But it does have a proprietary solution.
 
It works, for me, but i also get interference from the electronics around it because the card isn't shielded. I can live with it though. I wish Creative would start shielding their damn audio cards. The connector is a 5by2 connector with one gone, equaling 9 pins.
 
You can use ERS paper for sheilding. It is said to wrok very well, usually used by guys with high end gear for internal sheilding. It has been finding it's way into a few PC's latley.
Thought I would tell you about it in case you were thinking of sheilding your card.
 
Back
Top