X-Fi XtremeGamer $50AR + ship

Decent card once I got it working, the install program froze at 84% every time and locked the machine. After a reboot I noticed the software had installed and the card worked, but the install was garbage. New machine I just put together -- Asus p5n-e sli 650i, intel 6400 c2d, nvidia 7600gts, Corsair 2GB 6400, seagate 320gb 7200...:confused:

good deal, but for like $20 more u can get xram pro
You mean, for like $90 more. For that difference you can get a nice set of headphones, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

Nice deal, hopefully the mail-in will shell out.

hmm very interested in this... does the xram thing do anything right now? i did a few searches and found that its some audio buffer, but they say it doesnt really do much atm.

From what I hear, it doesn't really warrant a $90 difference. My friend noticed maybe a couple FPS difference from when he had the regular Xtremegamer so he sold it and kept the regular.

I read a comparative article between the X-Fi cards and game performance not too long ago and as of tat time the X-Ram meant precisely dick in BF2 and Quake 4. Also, windows vista makes the future implementation of this kind of questionable.. I'll try and find the article and post it, but I ultimately made the choice to go with the XtremeGamer...

Back