• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI Xtreme Music Static?

Hey.... did you load the latest drivers??? There's a new set on the creative site. You might give them a try. You just load them up using the autoupdater. I had some game problems and these new drivers fixed them right up. Ive not had any static problems tho.
 
Hard to say on pkging. When I got my Fata1ity in august I thought my box had been gotten into. The cardboard that wraps around the card was oddly creased and the SW envelope looked like had been explored. Turned out all was fine as many reports from others noticing the same thing so chalked it up to either just sloppy pkging or they made a pkging or item change so futzed up the wrapper doing it. If it was only with FPS boxes I'd guess at last minute they got those "LiveStrong" type braclet with the Fatal name on it...dont ever plan to wear it myself

Oh and no pops/clicks here with my FPS
 
Hmmm.... Glad you got it working, mine should be here next week.

From what I gather here, I will probably be best off reformatting and starting from scratch when I get my Fatal1ty. Give me an excuse to load this Media Center 2005 I've been tossing around (since I have a Hauppaugge tuner card already anyway).

Hmmm
 
Excellent news....it sounds like the drivers that the card shipped with werent up to the task.....alot of folks have had conflicts of various sorts and the update has fixed it...yes,the sound is excellent....alot of my old cds just sound amazing....I cant tell you why but the tunes are alot more crisp and Ive heard stuff I didnt realize was there before....very nice indeed. :D I didnt need to reformat....just ran the autoupdater thing....
 
Two nights ago there was a lot of crackling coming from mine. There also happened to be a nasty thunderstorm going on outside. After the storm, it stopped. My Audigy 2 ZS never did that even when there was a lighting storm outside. Probably irrelevant but I thought I'd mention it.
 
Yeah, I had the same packaging issues, the box the card was in was a lil mangled and the one big cap on the board was bent a bit, but it works. I'd gladly trade the 2 worthless posters and the bracelet for something like a manual that had better instructions. And I'm not even talking about a paper manual for once. Just something that gives a little more in depth info on the features of the card/software, the manual that's on the disk is lacking, it's basically just good for showing you pictures of what ports there are and the way to hook up things to the card. Is the I/O drive cable ribbon just a standard IDE cable? I'm thinking I'd rather replace that with some rounded cable, hate seeing a flat ribbon cable in my case.

No issues with "static", I just need to work on occasional audio hiccups while downloading data off the internet. I ran into that issue in the past, but that would be at least when I'm pushing more data to another box on my LAN, not plain old cable modem speeds.
 
Back
Top