X-Fi Xtreme Music Issue

Skrying

2[H]4U
I just bought an X-Fi sound card and I'm trying to get it installed but I'm having a pretty damn major issue. I cant use any of the features because it says the sound card installed is not compatiable. I cant open anything that involves the X-Fi software because I get this issue, and when I try to change the device its looking at it only shows "Follow Windows Default". Everything else though shows that I have an X-Fi installed....... driving me insane.

Which motherboard do you have? Make sure you have the latest BIOS because I know various boards had issues with the X-Fi cards which a BIOS update fixed.

This is a MSI Neo-FSR. It uses a Via chipset. I've only read of the issues with motherboards with Nforce 4 chipsets and none of the problems described were like mine, either way once I download the newest driver I'll give a BIOS update a go.

Welp, the newest drivers solved my issues. This card sounds amazing, much better than my Audigy 2 and I didnt expect much of an increase.

That was my experience as well. Bought the fatal1ty but didnt expect much diff from my A2 but I was suprised at how good the new card sounds in comparison

Back