• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi to Reciever

galdoes16

Gawd
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
736
How would I go about hooking up my X-Fi XtremeMusic to my Sony reciever? The reciever has Optical, and Coaxial, along with a few RCA Stereo input's. What kind of Cables/Adapters do I need to buy for 5.1?
 
I have done this with the radio shack gold series cables. They work good. However you will have to shave the side of the cable connector to the sound card. When you plug in all three analog ports, the connectors don't fit well next to each other. The plastic cover is a little to thick. A razor blade slimmed them up just enough. I run digital for DVDs (coax), and analog for music and games. Running a AV rec improved the sound.

If you don't use the radio shack cables, just make sure they are shielded.
 
I have the same soundcard the XtremeMusic X-Fi and I have an 5.1 onkyo computer speaker system that I bought 1-2 years ago. It has the following: an optical input, a coaxial input, and 2 RCA analog inputs (one red-right and one yellow-left). I went into speaker setup and for the digital there is only 2.1/2.0/headphones support, there doesn't SEEM to be anything for 5.1. Will 5.1 work? Thanks.


EDIT(I have not bought the cables and tried it out yet).
 
It appears that Onkyo system only does 5.1 with Dolby Digital or DTS. If you want to continue using that Onkyo rig, you need something like the DTS-610, to convert your analog 5.1 output to DTS, then run digital to your Onkyo.

Or figure out how to get AC3Filter to work with games :D
 
Just plugged in my headphones to see if the soundcard's working or not and DAMN!!!! I'm blown away by the quality of the sound as compared to my onboard sound from my mobo.
 
fishdiggy said:
Does your receiver have 5.1 discrete inputs? If so, the best way would be to buy two of these cables and a regular stereo miniplug to RCA cable (like the one mentioned above). see this page for information about the pinout on the card.

There are a whole group of Receivers that don't ship with Analog 5.1 inputs. These inputs alone are the reason I went with the Pioneer VSX-D711 over the Onkyo at that time.

Donnie27
 
Donnie27 said:
There are a whole group of Receivers that don't ship with Analog 5.1 inputs. These inputs alone are the reason I went with the Pioneer VSX-D711 over the Onkyo at that time.

Donnie27


OMG you mean there is actually a good reason for some to use that Creative DTS-610 thing? :p
 
Back
Top