X-fi Titanium microphone help

nodle

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so i just got a new X-fi Titanium sound card the other day. It's the PCI-x version. I installed it and I have my front audio and mic ports hooked up to it using the Intel HD port. I did a clean reload and downloaded the newest driver for it off of Creatives website. Everything is works beautifully. So last night I plugged in my headset with both the mic part and the headset. The headset works beautiful but I can't get the mic part to work. I have spent hours online looking for a solution. Everyone says you need to download their launcher software and mess with the flexijack part of it under the settings tab in the bottom left corner under the game mode. So i downloaded the launcher off their website and installed it. Everything works fine but when I click the setting button I have no flexijack option at all. All I have is one tab with some headphone settings. There is no flexijack settings at all. Is this because I downloaded the launcher off their website? Would the one on the disc be different? I have also messed with the setting under the windows audio properties and have tried about everything but still can't get it to work. Seems like this is a common problem with these cards. Does anyone know why I am missing the flexijack setting, or has someone got the mic to work with this card? Thanks for any help.:)

That setting is not in the Launcher, that's why you won't find it. It's actually part of the THX Console. Here is a picture to help you find it:

flexijack.jpg

Good luck.

I believe this is the one that I am looking for but when I click the button, I don't have this.

33pbl89.png

168yexg.png

When you say "I don't have this", do you mean "It doesn't work"? I quite didn't understand your response.
Anyways, is there a particular reason why you need to use the front connectors? Why not connect your microphone directly to the soundcard, and be done with it?

When you say "I don't have this", do you mean "It doesn't work"? I quite didn't understand your response.
Anyways, is there a particular reason why you need to use the front connectors? Why not connect your microphone directly to the soundcard, and be done with it?

I don't have the tabs displayed in the photo on the microphone tab and that is all. The reason is my headset has two wires one for headphones and the other for the mic. Bot are attached to each other and i just want to be able to plug into the front so I don't have to unplug my speakers and back and move the whole computer to get into the back of it. I know it works, I just can't seem to get the mic to work.

Well, I'm running XP, but you do seem to be missing tabs. On mine I have 11, and you only have 4. But that's Ok, since you can access all settings using the Console Launcher, and THX Console as well. To launch the THX Console, you need to click it within the Volume Panel. Unfortunately, neither the THX Console nor the Volume Panel come in the website drivers, only from the original installation CD. This has been a problem for years. All you have to do is make a Custom or Advanced Installation from the CD, uncheck everything, and only install those 2 features. That way you get the features, but still keep the latest drivers.

The only thing left I can think of, is if you have made sure that the X-Fi is selected as your primary recording device under Control Panel. Check that just to be sure. If it still doesn't work, I suggest you test if the connector in front is working at all. Try plugging it to your onboard audio, and test that. You don't want to scratch your head all day, just to find out the front connector is broken.

I know the front connector works because I had my onboard plugged into the same connectors the day before and those work. I may just try to uninstall the console launcher and try to one off the disk to see if I get the correct ports. I don't understand why it should be a different version off the web compared to the disk though.

Well, I'm running XP, but you do seem to be missing tabs. On mine I have 11, and you only have 4. But that's Ok, since you can access all settings using the Console Launcher, and THX Console as well. To launch the THX Console, you need to click it within the Volume Panel. Unfortunately, neither the THX Console nor the Volume Panel come in the website drivers, only from the original installation CD. This has been a problem for years. All you have to do is make a Custom or Advanced Installation from the CD, uncheck everything, and only install those 2 features. That way you get the features, but still keep the latest drivers.

The only thing left I can think of, is if you have made sure that the X-Fi is selected as your primary recording device under Control Panel. Check that just to be sure. If it still doesn't work, I suggest you test if the connector in front is working at all. Try plugging it to your onboard audio, and test that. You don't want to scratch your head all day, just to find out the front connector is broken.

Those weren't my screenshots they were just an example. I am also on XP and only one tab.

...I may just try to uninstall the console launcher and try to one off the disk to see if I get the correct ports. I don't understand why it should be a different version off the web compared to the disk though.
I suggest you don't do that. The one from the website is newer, only that Volume Panel and THX Console are missing. If you want to re-install, just re-install everything, that should avoid you more problems. And make sure you clean left overs, don't do guetto re-installs.

Even after installing the default cd from the box I still don't have those tabs. :( Has anyone else been able to get a front mic input to work with this card?

UPDATE: Maybe this will help some other people out. So I loaded up Vista instead of XP and wallah worked instantly. Didn't have to change one thing. Must be a flaw with the driver on XP.

I have this sound card in an Antec 1200. How do I connect the case's front input jacks to the sound card??? The instructions make no mention of this.

I have this sound card in an Antec 1200. How do I connect the case's front input jacks to the sound card??? The instructions make no mention of this.

There should be pins on the card that you connect the wires coming from the front inputs to.

Back