• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

x-fi Titanium HD drivers for XP

Binar

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
1,188
Creative is not releasing XP drivers for this soundcard.Vista and Win7 only.The developers that work on custom drivers ex PAK and Daniel-K are not willing to release their drivers for XP either(in 08 Daniel-K was doing something like that but Creative made sure he stopped).
While looking for an answer on-line I found that UNBUTU drivers 100% functional are available .So it can be done...
So do you guys know a way or someone that was successful in installing Soundblaster X-FI Titanium HD in win XP?
Why did Creative drop Windows Xp support with this card?
 
Because Microsoft ended support for XP in 2009. They are only supporting it for enterprise until 2014.
 
Because Microsoft ended support for XP in 2009. They are only supporting it for enterprise until 2014.

pretty much this. Why would creative make drivers for an OS that the maker of the OS no longer supports? there's no point. Windows 7 now has majority market share and XP is steadily declining.
 
I'd be very happy with hardware support for DS3D and EAX. I am still playing Splinter Cell with EAX. :/
 
ya,I'll give it a try after I install Win 7 or Vista on my PC ... next month

My HDD is an old 74 GB Raptor with 5 gb available

Since I don't have enough space available to dual boot I gotta format..but I have some important projects and other important crap due in DEC and can't do it til then
 
Back
Top