• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-FI static

rgraze911

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2005
Messages
290
I am stumped. The problem seemed to have started when I tried to install 1.1 .net framework for the wife. The comp locked up and had to go into safe and uninstall. since then the x-fi card has produced nothing but static from the speakers. I have updated all drivers on my comp but no change. I have put the card in a different comp and it works fine. I have put diff sound cards in my system and they work fine. I have done searches for this problem and have found similar but not the same problem. I have contacted creative support but they just reply with generic obvious stuff. change pci slot, reinstall, etc.

ASUS A8n32-SLI
CPU AMD64 3700+ @ 2.4ghz
2 1 gig sticks XMS ddr400
GForce 7800GT
X-FI music extreme
Logitech G15 and MX518
 
Do you have the newest revision? I'm not sure if mine is, but I know mine is the "fixed" one with a heatsink + Hynix memory. If you do have the same one as me, then I dont' really have a clue.
 
Back
Top