x-fi questions

uB3rn00b3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
413
Im looking into purchasing a nice pair of 2.1 speakers, like klipsch promedia 2.1s. They seem to only be about 60 bucks on ebay for the non gmx style which I think is a steal. I only have integrated AC 97 sound right now on my box. I would like to find a new soundcard that would let me keep my headphones, icemat siberias, and my speakers hooked up at the same time. I really like the price of the x-fi xtreme music card compared to the platinum. I am kinda on a budget still being in high school and not having a job. Can I hook up both my speakers and my headphones to the xfi XM or do I need the platinum for that? I have a mic and headphone port on the front of my case, so im guessing I can hook my headphones up to that, but they would only be running on my integrated sound right? Will I really see a benefit on my icemat siberias from the xfi anyway?

Also, are the promedias pretty much the best in 2.1? I want a nice set of 2.1s for my future dorm at psu, since I really wont have room for a 5.1 setup.

Thanks
 
Yes and the XtremeAudio but nobody will say that the XtremeAudio is a X-Fi.
 
what about the xtreme music? I thought there were only xtreme music, platinum, and fatality cards, im a noob sorry.
 
so with the xtreme gamer I will be able to hook my front panel audio on my case up to the card and run my headphones and speakers at the same time, correct?
 
Back
Top