• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Questions!

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,916
When i play CS:S should i put the CMSS-3DSurround to Stereo Xpand or Stereo Surround?.. and same question but with music?
 
I hate CMSS surround, except for CMSS 3D Headphone mode.

It makes the music quality just suck imo.
 
you'll really have to try it out for yourself;) For me, and my dt770/80, cmss3d(headphone) provides wicked 3d positioning, at the cost of great soundstaging. I prefer no cmss cuz bf2+a great soundstage= /creams:D
 
ok have them zalman 5.1 headphones and they been pretty good so far but i don't know what settings to use on my x-fi..
 
Okay, sell the Zalman's, get some Sennheiser HD205's, and pick CMSS-3D Headphone...
 
HaX said:
i don't feel like selling


Thena I suggest you turn on the eq with a bass curve, then turn on the crystallizer, then turn on EAX to +6 db, then turn on CMSS expand mode.

That should pretty much make a Zalman sound better than just a standard heaphone without having the need for a clean signal.

I hope you noticed I was using sarcasm, the whole point being the Zalman really does sound like crap when compared to a decent stereo haedphone with CMSS 3D Headphone mode on.
 
yea, i gotcha..though..my settings are basicly already like that
 
Back
Top