• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Problem/Question

~GoaT~

Gawd
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
585
I bought an X-Fi Xtreme Music and after I installed the drivers and stuff, everything was great except for my mic looping back to my headset. I had this problem once with my onboard but I was able to solve it on the equalizer setting where you set the volumes for individual ports, but I can't seem to find that for the X-Fi in the control panel Creative supplied.
Thanks~
 
Did you install the drivers from the CD? The downloadable drivers don't have all of the control panel features.
 
if you did just the basic install, the above post is true, you don't have control of the inputs/outputs.

double-click the speaker icon in your taskbar. go to options>properties and in that window, make sure playback is ticked and the box next to micraphone is checked. click ok and go back to the mixer. mute the mic. you're all set.
 
Thanks, I didn't install the drivers off the CD because I usually just DL drivers off the web when I install something new.
 
Back
Top