X-fi problem "CTXFISPI"

Conman

Gawd
Card seems to work fine until I try to turn off the computer.Error box pops up at this point saying "CTXFISPI" is not responding and do I want to end now.This was using the minimum install.Tried new drivers at Creative website with no luck.Next tried the repair drivers option in the Add/remove programs.Nada.Uninstalled and then reinstalled drivers to see if that would help.Zip.Tried using full install of all their crappy programs.No help.

Anyone else having issues with CTXFISPI? Any info on what it is or does would be greatly appreciated.Next step is to disable it,but without knowing what it is could be dangerous.After that it's back to Best Buy.=/

I had the same problem from the first few shutdowns. After a couple of more restarts, it seemed have dissapeared away, and since every function works flawlessly, I'm assuming this is not a big deal:)

I just looked it up; it's a file located in C:\Windows\system32, and SPI stands for Security Parameters Index , a security association that is a combination of a destination address, a security protocol, and a unique identification value. No big deal IMHO. Just enjoy your sound card and forget about it. This is such a sweet sound card, definite worth to keep:)

Back