May 4, 2007 #1 S Sipster Gawd Joined Mar 19, 2004 Messages 661 I just now noticed that my X-FI Extreme Music sound card has a floppy power connector on it. Am I supposed to be supplying power to my sound card???
I just now noticed that my X-FI Extreme Music sound card has a floppy power connector on it. Am I supposed to be supplying power to my sound card???
May 4, 2007 #2 D ddb120 Supreme [H]ardness Joined Dec 9, 2005 Messages 4,126 if your using the card by itself, then no, if you have the external breakout box then yes, if you have the internal 5.25 bay breakout box then you power the box itself not the card..
if your using the card by itself, then no, if you have the external breakout box then yes, if you have the internal 5.25 bay breakout box then you power the box itself not the card..
May 4, 2007 #3 S Sipster Gawd Joined Mar 19, 2004 Messages 661 Thanks for the quick response. I didn't think I needed it but I had to check.