X-Fi popping? help!

Uberbob102000

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
2,243
My Xtrememusic just started to pop about 1 week ago. It is so bad now that its hard to go to the opening screen of Oblivion because of all the popping. I have the latest drivers. Any ideas to fix it before i RMA it?
 
Have you tested your speakers with onboard yet? I'd do that first before RMA'ing the card.

EDIT: 200th post baby!!!!
 
I just posted about this actually. It's a very known issue with SB and nforce4 motherboards. Nearly everyone with a nforce4 mobo has this problem. Creative blames it on nVidia but who knows. Just return the card if you can. If you can't, I'm sad to say your money has gone down the drain
 
the weird part is that I have had this setup for a 8 months now and it hasnt had this problem
 
I encountered the same problem this past week after I got my 360 Elite and hooked it up to my desktop setup. My speakers started popping all the time. Whether I was in a game or not. Whether my 360 was hooked up or not. So I couldn't figure out what was causing the pops.

I updated/re-installed my x-fi drivers and that fixed the problem.
 
Back
Top