Nevermind! I just disabled CMSS 3D and its working. I guess this is useful to anyone else having this problem...
====================================================
Ok, today I just put together a whole new computer:
AMD X2 4200+
Asus A8N SLI Platinum
1.25 (1GB + 256 MB) DDR400
Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
Thermaltake 550w PS
ATI Radeon X1900XT
and basically, the sound on my music files is messed up beyond listenability. It's almost like a constant, flowing change from clear, loud, powerful sound to soft, muffled, almost mute sound, with major distortion.
The speakers have not been touched from the system change. On my old system the songs were perfectly clear (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum), and I've hooked it back up to make sure they still were (sounds perfect). For some reason though, on a clean install of Windows and with the latest drivers, I have this problem.
Another related symptom involves AOL IM. Whenever someone signs on or signs off, instead of a distinct door opening/closing sound, I just get a low groan from the sub. Same with messages, just a vibration of the sub and no distinct "Bing".
If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it because as an audiophile this is toture.
Oh and I've tried the files on WMP 9, 11, and Media Source, all with the same effect.
====================================================
Ok, today I just put together a whole new computer:
AMD X2 4200+
Asus A8N SLI Platinum
1.25 (1GB + 256 MB) DDR400
Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
Thermaltake 550w PS
ATI Radeon X1900XT
and basically, the sound on my music files is messed up beyond listenability. It's almost like a constant, flowing change from clear, loud, powerful sound to soft, muffled, almost mute sound, with major distortion.
The speakers have not been touched from the system change. On my old system the songs were perfectly clear (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum), and I've hooked it back up to make sure they still were (sounds perfect). For some reason though, on a clean install of Windows and with the latest drivers, I have this problem.
Another related symptom involves AOL IM. Whenever someone signs on or signs off, instead of a distinct door opening/closing sound, I just get a low groan from the sub. Same with messages, just a vibration of the sub and no distinct "Bing".
If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it because as an audiophile this is toture.
Oh and I've tried the files on WMP 9, 11, and Media Source, all with the same effect.