• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-Fi Platinum Microphone Help Please!

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
1,295
Hey guys, Happy holidays to everyone! I finally own a sound system worth talking about, my new X-Fi platinum and Klipsch pro media 5.1! Now I have a question on the dual microphone inputs on the X-fi.

One of them will need to be used for my cheap old ATi TV wonder VE. While the other I'd like to use for my headset for gaming or whatever. The problem is I don't know how to make the 2nd mic input work (the one on the front piece) and the severe lack of instructions for the thing isn't helping me. So if anyone knows or has anything I can try I'd be very greatful thanks!

PS - has anyone tried the driver update from creative? I'm debating installing it or not since right it seems to work fine for me...

Thanks!
 
Okay 2 things for the mic input on drive. You need to turn the knob clockwise to switch it from a L2 to a M2 input. Then you can control volume by adjusting the knob. You also want to make sure you check the mixer and make sure it, M2, inst muted. Be advised tho some games, like BF2 only support Mic1.

Oh and defininitly get the updates, they fix several issues.
 
Back
Top