• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI Platinum Headphone output

schapman

Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
721
For all you X-FI guys, I was just wondering how the headphone output on the front panel of the x-fi platinum sounds? I'll be running some audio technica a500s off it so the output power doesnt need to be much, I was just wondering how noise free it is?
 
Surprisingly clean from my experience. I can get it to hiss a bit but I think that has more to do with my Sennheiser HD650's when at full volume. Using a headroom micro amp I can get these headphones to produce a bit of hiss as well.

I'd just make sure the flat ribbon cable coming from the soundcard to the drive bay is routed away from the power supply since the cable doesn't appear to be any more shielded than what you'd see on an IDE cable.

-E
 
another question, I'm running xp64 so is there any issues anyones heard of with it?

I know i'll probably still be without dvd-audio support, but that's what the standalone dvd player is for
 
Wish I could help on the Win64 drivers, but I am stuck in 32bit land with XP ATM.

-E
 
I used to have the SB Live! Platinum edition and the front panel on it didn't seem powered, just a front panel. The front panel on the x-fi seems to have its own amplification to the point I had to reduce my headphone volume in the creative panel to 1/4 of it originally just to have the same volume range the old panel had with my headphones...

Looks like I may be able to get some decent headphones without need for a headphone amp.
 
The front panel sounds pretty good on my Sony's (V6). I haven't noticed any hiss (well, at least not noticed over the hiss noise level of the PC's case fans)
 
Back
Top