• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI Platinum...any rounded cable options?

Cliff Couser

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,862
Just about to order an X-FI Platinum.

having searched and read through this forum...I take it I can't use a standard 40 or 80 pin cable to replace the ribbon cable included in this package.

I'm not about to start drilling as I don't have the skills (or tools) for that.

so...who sells a rounded 40-pin (or the 39 needed for the X-FI)...that can make this minor problem go away?

*For what its worth...the only reason I'm trying to go with a rounded cable is to keep the aesthetics clean in my case. Its all SATA and modular. Also, looking at that ribbon cable, it doesn't look like it will reach the bay from where the card will be.

Thanks!
 
Cliff Couser said:
thanks bratboy...that works.

Creative shoud have at least sleaved their cable. :mad:


Are you sure it will work? If you think the ribbon cable won;t reach, then this won;t either asn the ribbon cable is longer than 24", or at least mine was. (I was wondering why CL provides such a crappy looking cable and then made it so long you couldn't hide it)
 
I use a tall tower case myself but can't really imagine 24" being too short but he can always send the store an email. Maybe they have a longer one if its really needed
 
Back
Top